Stainless Steel Pick Up On Bilge Pumps.

Kiwi Dan

Hi raiders

Is anyone able to tell me how you install the stainless steel pick up onto my bilge pump? I just came back from the boat shop and they were know help, even though they sell them!

I have looked on the bottom of my pump and there doesnt seem to be a whole on the bottom of the blue cap for the water to go through while driving. Am I suppose to drill that myself?

The bracket I was looking at was an "L" shaped bracket with the little bit of curved pipe which curves under the boat.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Dan

sounds like u have the same as mine

i had to drill the 3 holes in the little blue cap

2 for bolts to connect it to the water scoop

then i had to drill the big hole in the center for the water to shoot up into the bilge pump

heres a photo of mine on the boat

img0012nuf.jpg

sounds like u have the same as mine

i had to drill the 3 holes in the little blue cap

2 for bolts to connect it to the water scoop

then i had to drill the big hole in the center for the water to shoot up into the bilge pump

heres a photo of mine on the boat

img0012nuf.jpg

Yeah thanks mate.

That looks like what im after.

So do I just drill the hole in the blue cap and then sit the bilge flat on the bracket above the hole and thats it?

Edited by Kiwi Dan

yep thats what ive done

the bilge clips into the blue thing via 2 clips on the side

so the blue thing remains bolted to the water scoop and the bilge is removable

its not going to go any where but if your worried that the bilge might fall off just get some cable ties and tie it down

yep thats what ive done

the bilge clips into the blue thing via 2 clips on the side

so the blue thing remains bolted to the water scoop and the bilge is removable

its not going to go any where but if your worried that the bilge might fall off just get some cable ties and tie it down

excellent thanks mate.

Ive had the pump back there for so long but it only pumps water when ive stopped and i switch it on. Ive noticed when i get a lot of live bait and im changing spots a %% of my bait is dying.

I didnt know all you had to do was drill the whole through the blue bracket and get the scoop. I thought it was going to be some massive costly exercise that would take ages to do!

Thanks for your help.

just a heads up lads i started with this setup and a fellow raider told me to cut off the elbow just above the bottom off the hull and put a peace off air line with a 45 degree cut off at the bottom this will stop you ripping the pump off the mount if you hit any debree wilst underway

the air hose just bends and you wont damage your hull

cherrs gary

just a heads up lads i started with this setup and a fellow raider told me to cut off the elbow just above the bottom off the hull and put a peace off air line with a 45 degree cut off at the bottom this will stop you ripping the pump off the mount if you hit any debree wilst underway

the air hose just bends and you wont damage your hull

cherrs gary

ahhh very good idea

i always worry when i pull the boat up on shore that its gonna rip off

cheers

Dan

Installed my first live bait pump direct to the stainless scoop/come angle bracket (I did not use the blue base part) and ended up stuffing the seal on the pump shaft as it over pressurised the pump housing (where the pump impeller lives) when traveling at speed.

Famed trash has got it spot on cause it leaves a bit of space for the excess pressure to escape when your hooting along. The plastic tube idea is very clever too.

Goodluck

John