Ultimate Chinamen Leatherjacket Rig

archilles2

Hey all,

Our plan over the weekend was to try and target kingies in middle harbour and along the reefs, wedding cakes. Problem is the weather may not be too good, and a great fellow fishraider mentioned chinamen leatherjackets are stripping all live bait clean soooooooooo i'm changing plan.

Good news is we love chinamen leatheries and would like to do our bit to help cull them alil ( if that's possible ) . If anyone could suggest any spots that would be great.

I use to catch heaps at 12 mile on steel trace and solid hooks but i'd prefer to try the harbour because of the winds..

Edited by archilles2

Hey all,

Our plan over the weekend was to try and target kingies in middle harbour and along the reefs, wedding cakes. Problem is the weather may not be too good, and a great fellow fishraider mentioned chinamen leatherjackets are stripping all live bait clean soooooooooo i'm changing plan.

Good news is we love chinamen leatheries and would like to do our bit to help cull them alil ( if that's possible ) . If anyone could suggest any spots that would be great.

I use to catch heaps at 12 mile on steel trace and solid hooks but i'd prefer to try the harbour because of the winds..

Off the edge of the pool at clontarf, just chop up a pilly and chuck it in the water, within 5 mins youll have billions of them.

mate when we were heading in from outside on sunday arvo you could have bagged out (max 20 ea) with a landing net! Dead LJs floating everywhere...... we trolled for zeros all day out wide....had a quick drift b4 heading in and got 3 ljs and bitten off twice before pulling the pin.......as already stated... they are everywhere..... :1badmood::1badmood::1badmood:

Having been stitched up by the tin snips the other day I am going to try and turn the tables on them. You know what they say 'If you can't beat 'em'...

I haven't caught them since I was a kid.

I think they are tasty buggers, what's the best rig?

Wire trace and small strong hook? Or will just line do and take a lot of rigs?

Cheers,

Jason

can u walk on the edges of the pool or u gotta walk on the water or get wet?

you can walk on the edges of the pool - but keep a good hold of you rod (if you find a shimano rack raider in the sand its mine haha)