"got Milk?"

GregL

Great fish!

I remember when we went to darwin there was a fish feeding place that was restricted to fishing...watched mullet and massive milkfish tussel for bread and even got to hand feed them. We had a guided tour fishing for barra, the guide said he just loves the battle with them on fly gear!

They're defiantly a under-rated sport fish, i heard that they can be quite good on the tooth too.

Justin :1fishing1:

You beat me to it Justin. I think the place you are referring to is Aquascene, Doctors Gully. They have huge milk fish, diamond-scale mullet and other assorted fish come in with the tide. They throw whole bread rolls to them, and the fish literally play water polo with them :biggrin2:

Congrats on another memorable trip Greg. Fantastic photos, and a new '1st' for you. Sounds like a great fish for tackle testing :1yikes:

Cheers

Hodgey

Anyone got anywhere else or other weird and wonderful creatures to catch?

What about snakeheads, anyone keen?

Greg.

Snakeheads/Toman's awesome looking fish i've heard they go really hard. My dad grew up catching them in Malaysia as a kid. Next time i'm over there i'm going to give em a try.

In Malaysia they've also got peacock bass, barra and jacks as well

Greg.

How about Peacock Bass in South America Greg?

They are reportedly a very special fish. I know I'd love to get the chance to tangle with one!

Black Bass in PNG, or have you already done that one?!!

Don't big barra eat snakeheads in PNG?

Cheers,

Grant.

Greg.

Greg Huge Peacock bass in Mexico, hear they are takeing rooster poppers at the moment. :1fishing1:

• 2 weeks later...