Georges River Blackfish

seacow

Afternoon fisho's,

don't know about all these people who are saying that there are no blackfish around.!!!! Ok, that was also me until today as well!!!

Fished down at Lamberth Park today with the old man who got down there about 11:30. I was a more gentlemanly hour of about 1:30.

The old man managed to get some of the best looking weed I have seen all this year. Full of life and really crinkley and the fish loved it.

Ended up with about 12-15 fish with most of them legal. Lost a few more because we did not have a landing net!!!The biggest ones which I caught (hey if I don't give myself a rap no-one will) sat around 3/4 of a kilogram and really gave a good account for themselves on the light gear.

It seems that the heavier the float the less bites you get. I don't know if anybody else has seen this but at the moment we are fishing 6 pound braid, with a size one float with a small running lead bean (size 0, I think)and one split shot to the hook. Dad describes this rig as his killing sticks!

Photos on the camera phone came up illegible. Sorry. Kept two and threw the rest of them back to one particular gentleman's astonishment. Love seeing the look on peoples faces when you throw them all back!!! Especially when you get a bag full.

sounds like a great day out for you seacow.....lambeth park's a nice spot for a picnic and a fish.......caught a nice size whiyiting there earlier this year.......well done on your efforts.

Cheers :1fishing1:

Needed to burley. Once we burlied more we were able to get a few in quick succession. Then a few more again after burlying. By the time I got there dad already had 3 in the keeper net.

He said around that time it was a bit quiet. Did you end up with any fish around that area?

We lost two good fish which didn't feel like blackfish and we thought they may have been bream. Caught a few bream on weed this year.