Best Season To Chase Squid?

lol your a nut billy we make the call to go squidn on sunday for something different now your asking if their gonna be there or not :1prop::1prop::1prop:

it dont matter if their there or not we can never find them

as normal we'll hit the harbour try for squid get none keep an eye out for something busting up on the surface which wont happen so we'll head back up river and chase bream again and finally go home empty handed

see ya at the ramp :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Edited by breamhntr

lol your a nut billy we make the call to go squidn on sunday for something different now your asking if their gonna be there or not :1prop::1prop::1prop:

it dont matter if their there or not we can never find them

as normal we'll hit the harbour try for squid get none keep an eye out for something busting up on the surface which wont happen so we'll head back up river and chase bream again and finally go home empty handed

see ya at the ramp :wacko::wacko::wacko:

thanks again for your vote of confindence :1prop:

hope you realise when i do catch a couple of inkers you aint getting any salt and pepper calamari rings.

see ya at the ramp nice and early

billy

We tried for 3 hours yesterday arvo around the high tide with out a take.

They are definately around. I find that squiding can become alot harder in the summer months. The extended calm periods in autumn and winter let you see the followers better. Also allows better shots at the friends that come up with hooked squid. About 50% of my strikes are blind and the other 50% are squid that I have spotted or attracted before capture. Also like to use the dropper rigs with squid jigs outside around reefs. Big big squid.

Every time I chuck out a squid jig from land I seem to get one. Hop in the boat with a plan to fish and it goes down to 50% of the time.

thanks again for your vote of confindence :1prop:

hope you realise when i do catch a couple of inkers you aint getting any salt and pepper calamari rings.

see ya at the ramp nice and early

billy

Hey Billy - Maybe you have got enCHEPHALOPODITUS :074: Cant wait to hear the report

Cheers

John

I find there are more squid around in summer/autumn but they are smaller whereas the winter squid are bigger but you catch less of them so I think it evens out weight wise. The season doesen't seem to matter what does seem to impact squid sessions is choice of squid jig (and its movement in the water), timing (ie tides and morning/day/evening which can change at each site) and most importantly rainfall (and resultant turbidity of water which turns the squid off instantly).

Caught my largest jig caought inker recently at aorund 2kg in Middle Harbour (two meals for us of calamari which was better than a :pokey:)