Georges River

Michael Hatte

1ST up i would like to say a massive thanks to musty for giving us the heads up on a couple areas to fish for my first Estuary Perch toady :thumbup:

Fished the georges today to try and crack my first EP..

Choice of weapon was small vibe/blade lures and slack tide was the key

Morning Session,

post-10930-1250159876_thumb.jpg1ST EP 27cmpost-10930-1250159903_thumb.jpg2nd ep 29cmpost-10930-1250159924_thumb.jpg3rd EP 26cmpost-10930-1250159947_thumb.jpgFlattie 50cmpost-10930-1250160003_thumb.jpg 39cm

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Bumped into an angler named Stephen AKA Reggie The Rabbit, who was also fishing the same area....

Things got quiet so we decided to try for some blackies, we ended up finding them but only managed a couple legal fish, lots of small fry but still good fun...

Well only one fish to show by the end of the session, but we will keep that one between us Stephen... :074:

The High Tide was around 30mins away so i got things ready for another EP sesh but different area...

IM STILL SPEECHLESS SO I WILL JUST SHOW YOU PICS

Edited by bloopin

Great EPs.

But a snipet from a fishing report I found on the web:

"ESTUARIES

NSW DPI is reminding anglers a ban on taking Australian Bass and Estuary Perch from all rivers and estuaries is in place until August 31 to protect these important recreational species. The zero bag limit does not close any waters to fishing and does not affect anglers fishing for other estuary species such as bream or flathead. "

Just in case people aren't aware of this bit of info.

Nice to meet up with you Mick. Had a good day and thanks for the invite aboard. We were both fishing alone in our boats so we teamed up.Dropped the anchor on mine and joined up with Mick on his boat. A few small fish but i was happy to catch a keeper Blackfish on my new rod. Its alway nice to meet new raiders and put a face to the name. cheers keep an eye out for you on the water reagrds Stephen..

Nice EPs :thumbup:

Congrats on your first

Wait till you hook a 40cm plus They go really hard

Biggest Ive seen come out of the Georges went 52cm fork length caught by my brother

The one in my avatar is my pb at 47cm fork length

Both caught using 60mm squidgy fish my favorite EP sp

Time to get back out myself I reckon

Edited by The Iceman

Great EPs.

"ESTUARIES

NSW DPI is reminding anglers a ban on taking Australian Bass and Estuary Perch from all rivers and estuaries is in place until August 31 to protect these important recreational species. The zero bag limit does not close any waters to fishing and does not affect anglers fishing for other estuary species such as bream or flathead. "

Longy, this has been discussed & investigated by Hodgey at length in these forums.

It is illegal to TAKE e.p's & bass. It is still legal to catch & release these species.

This is straight from the DPI.

Well done on a great session Bloopin & Stephen. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

Great EPs.

"ESTUARIES

All the fish were returned to the water longy, Heard they are good on the table but id rather let em go..

Cheers Michael

All the fish were returned to the water longy, Heard they are good on the table but id rather let em go..

Cheers Michael

just didn't want to see anyone get an unnecessary fine from Fisheries, saw someone in Vic have their boat taken by Fisheries after illegal fishing activities (undersize fish caught and kept), so didn't want it happen to any fellow fishraider.

Hey Bloopin!

Lovely job mate! :1prop:

I looked at the weather today an thought........

I had to start work at 06:00AM and didn't finish till 20 mins ago..so there was no way today.

BUT

Tomorrow's my Bday and Come hell or high water I'm going fishing!!!

Cheers

Chris

Dude read the above mentioned posts and read the fisheries news before u come out swinging

This topic has been discussed a hundred times and im sick of hearing about it.

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...&hl=closure

There. Ive said it now.

Musty

Thanks for posting that link, Musty. This issue has been hammered to death over the last 6 weeks or so, and an explanation (from DPI) has been posted in a couple of different places on these forums. What's worse, an explanation of the issue has been posted earlier in this report, and yet someone still challenges the same issue two responses later? :mad3: I urge members to take a little more care (and conduct more research) before criticising legal captures. Apart from detracting from a member's report, it contravenes site rules.

Regards

Hodgey

Well done Bloopin & Reggie on some terrific ep fishin'!! I have yet to land an ep ...... it is on my list tho! :) Hmmmm I suppose there must be some in our system here in Fortser .... guess I need to take the yak further up the rivers towards the fresh?

If that 37cm ep hadn't grown so deep in the belly & fat - I am sure it would have been 40cm or longer by now!! :074:

Congrats on blooding your rod on the blackie too, Stephen! :)

Cheerio

Roberta