Squid Jigs

get-reel

Ever lost the weigh of the front of a squid jig hitting rocks or what ever, then the jig floats on top ,I have a good tip how to fix on water ,if u use soft plastis and have a spare head get a pair of pliers and cut the hook half way down the sharft put a little bend in it then push the hook sharft in where the old weight used to be leave the weight on the hook u just cut, this is now your new weight ,the little bend helps it to stay in the jig ,no glue needed last for months . May sink a little quicker or slower depending on what weight u have on the head but has got me heaps of squid when thats all u have got, or your best colour, ps be carefull when cutting hook off where glasses so it dont flick in your eye .Hope this helps save your jigs they are to dear to leave in your box doing jack .....just a quick fix on water till u replace

Good thread get-reel.

I cut sheet lead to size and use that to repare my jigs but i keep them mainly as spares or when the squid aren't fussy. I've also got a few "customised" repair jobs with larger and smaller weights than standard for the jigs they are on. They obviously dont present as a brand new one but you get a 2nd life out of your jigs and sometimes squid dont play by the rules anyway.

I keep a bit of sheet lead in my squid jig box and you can cut it with the little blue braid scissors. By folding it and squashing it with pliers you can taper the lead to the right thickness so it wedges in good and doesn't fall out, i think the rough toothy pattern left from the pliers doesn't hurt with the grip either. You can also shape the lead so it is less prone to catching on the bottom and collecting weed.