Broken Bay Reefs

Scienceman

Finally got the photos back from High-speed-metal. As well there were a couple of trevs and a pinkie. Just dont mention "wrasse" as that was all he could catch that day :1badmood: . They fight like a pinkie for the first 5 sec and then .....nothing. Squid was all they would take that day and I even got two fish on the one bait in succession :1prop:

post-2146-1251095525_thumb.jpg

When the fishing is slow on the reef we move in close to the shore and fish for pigs, but only if there is no swell and a westerly. We also keep the motor running and the boat pointed out to sea. These places are totally unreachable on foot and almost no-one else fishes them from a boat so the fishing is pretty good.

post-2146-1251095550_thumb.jpg

good to see you getting to a few - nice under those headlands when the westerly is blowing hey. Havent really bottom bashed around there as we tend to troll through - for not much I might add just a few tailor/bonito.

how do you cook the wrasse? do they have blue bones?

Finally got the photos back from High-speed-metal. As well there were a couple of trevs and a pinkie. Just dont mention "wrasse" as that was all he could catch that day :1badmood: . They fight like a pinkie for the first 5 sec and then .....nothing.

Take it easy, I did manage some other junk fish apart from Wrasse as well haha....

Heres that High Speed Metal Salmon I got.

post-9132-1251106648_thumb.jpg

Finally got the photos back from High-speed-metal. As well there were a couple of trevs and a pinkie. Just dont mention "wrasse" as that was all he could catch that day :1badmood: . They fight like a pinkie for the first 5 sec and then .....nothing. Squid was all they would take that day and I even got two fish on the one bait in succession :1prop:

post-2146-1251095525_thumb.jpg

When the fishing is slow on the reef we move in close to the shore and fish for pigs, but only if there is no swell and a westerly. We also keep the motor running and the boat pointed out to sea. These places are totally unreachable on foot and almost no-one else fishes them from a boat so the fishing is pretty good.

post-2146-1251095550_thumb.jpg

top fish there mate, nice pig. :1fishing1:

Hey HSM, I was more refering to the outing a few weeks ago when "wrasse-man" was your title for the day :1prop:

That salmon was pulled by HSM with a Raider from a school feeding on "eyes" which is a pretty good effort given the degree of difficulty when they are feeding like this.

Onya Scienceman - I've often wondered about the option of fishing the wash off Box from a boat to see if there are any pigs etc around. Clearly there are.

Also great to see some fish coming off the Broken Bay reefs. That mowie looks to be a ripper.

Hi Scienceman,

What baits do you take with you for catching drummer? What is the success rate when the sea is flat and westerlies present? How close to the rock face do you need to have the boat?

Hi Scienceman,

What baits do you take with you for catching drummer? What is the success rate when the sea is flat and westerlies present? How close to the rock face do you need to have the boat?