What A Great Day To Be In Sydney

Captain Pugwash

Headed out this morning to see if there was any chance of snaring a winter King. Grabbed some yakkas and set off out between the heads. In case you're interested there were several boats and heaps of birds at Old Man's hat. The boys seemed to be getting amongst the salmon.

I wasn't going to get distracted so on we pushed. Sounded up a heap of fish (turned out to be bloody sweep) but dropped some livies in anyway.

The short story is that over the next few hours we hooked 7 kings, landed 5 with only one undersize. Biggest went 72cm.

Glorious day made even better by getting on to a few beautiful fish. The last two were a double hookup which was just fantastic.

Cheers

Pete

post-325-1251455507_thumb.jpg

Mate that's awesome! But you have to tell me where on earth you got those kings? I couldnt find them anywhere last weekend and we coverd numerous kilometres for donuts.. :1badmood:

Anyway good stuff thats brilliant to see that the kings are out there at least.

Cheers,

JB

Kings in winter..that was unheard of when they were trapping them a few years back :thumbup::thumbup:

Top catch

How good is the weather in August, its warm but you don't get burnt..still I can't wait for summer

You can't beat a 6am start off the rocks with the sun coming up

gav