Illegal Netting! Avoca Lagoon

Fishlessmick

G'day all , woke up early yesterday morning ,looked like the weather might hold so decided to go fish avoca lagoon. I arrived there at around 6-30 to light rain but decided to put the yak in anyway. I entered the lagoon from the north side behind the island and headed west towards the upper part off the goon,while flicking a plastic around some snags i noticed a bottle bob up and down in the narrow channel so i paddled over thinking it was a set line. When i reached there i noticed that there was a net hanging below the bottle which was strung from bank to bank with about a metre or so off drop. As i started to pull it up i saw the first of what was to be many fish caught in this net The mullet of about 55cm was cut from the net and i moved along removing two blue swimmer crabs,then came across a large whiting of about 45cm, which unfortunately dead. Another four mullet and two more crabs were released,- as i neared the opposite bank i noticed a couple more large fish struggleing in the shallows,what i thought were more mullet were infact Estuary Prech. The first one of well over 50cm was carefully cut from the net and swum for a few minutes until it regained its strength and let to swim off, now the second one which was slightley smaller looked dead, with hazed over eyes and all ith fins torn to pieces i started to cut it out anyway then to mt amazement it gave a small kick then started thrashing about wildley untill a thumb griped it and continued cutting. After swimming the perch for around 10 min or so,it swam slowly away hopefully to fight on. On arriving home i rang fisheries and left a message - no reply as yet.

Anyway if by some off chance the unsavoury characters who put the net there log in to this site from time to time ( i doubt scum like them would), attempt to put it back and you see a guy in a green kayak paddle towards you, F#*@ing run! you might just end up in the net yourself. :ranting2:

"deep breath, breath maybe another jim beam"

ahh thats better

cheers

Mick

Mate that is SHIT!!!!!!!! :ranting2::ranting2::ranting2::ranting2::ranting2::ranting2:

Avoca is my hometown, and lately with the huge mullet has been a decent fishing ground... you call me if you find the @#$$#ers and I will help you tie bricks to thier ankles.

And EP's in Avoca Lagoon :1yikes: I may need to kick Tyrone into gear for a goon session in his tinny :1clap:

G'day Mick, that was a f$%ked read that was. Im with Coasty in this one, i will definately give you a hand with some weights to ankles there. I cant believe that d#ck heads would do that sort of thing. What did you do with the Net. It would be an idea to leave the net there and try to catch who ever put it there red handed. Good on ya for saving some fishes.

Thats f@##@. Theyre kidding avoca rocks is out of fish so the lakes nxt. NAh no way ive got plenty of mates who own waterfronts around that area so i tell them to keep an eye. Ill keep my eyes peeled as well cos i go past there every day. These ppl have to be caught its a joke fisheries are as well. I saw them the other day new qunnie joy riding in brizzy waters not out doing anything. Anyways ppl that do that are filth. Hey coast bloke council said no use of electrics in there at all for an unknown reason but ill give them a call tommorow just to confirm. Yeah im keen for a session what about tommorow arvo like my only free day this wk. Copa produced last time so just give us a buz.