Yellowfin

cajun

It took a 2" pooeater, 1/32 round head jig, on 4lb pink fireline. The pooeater was deadsticked for at least 30 seconds before twitching twice then

WHAM!

Not a lot of subtlety to the take I'm afraid but she put up a good fight. :1naughty:

I have asked my mate to try and get some details. Tune in here early next week :thumbup:

Cheers

Ken

This fish wasn't caught today, April 1 by any chance was it? :1naughty:

No offence if it wasn't!

39992[/snapback]

I must admit when I first saw the photo I wondered about the pectoral fins, they didn't look long enough, Yet the anal fin looks too long. On a 3 day charter they also landed 2 blues to 150 and 200kg.

I am a sceptic by nature, but I have absolutely no reason to disbelieve this person.

I will have more info early next week.

Cheers

Ken

bear in mind, that bloke is 3 foot tall and the boat is a 10ft tinny.... :074:

if it real and not an april fools photoshop job... its an insane fish

40002[/snapback]

It may be a photoshop job, but if it is it's a bloody beauty.

k

Guest Jocool

I think its PS! Look at the shadows. They dont all fit!

The shadow of the guys head is over the fish at an angle, meaning the sun is behind him. The shadow of the fish is under it suggesting the sun is directly overhead. Then look at the shadow of the rod sitting in the chair! the shadow is in front of it suggesting the sun is behind the camera!! :1naughty::1naughty:

Hope I'm wrong. Could be an awesome story behind it if its legit!

I think its PS! Look at the shadows. They dont all fit!

40017[/snapback]

Hey Joe (good name for a song that) :risata:

I have enough faith in my mate to have a small wager. How about a case? or a bottle red?

VB, Toohey's Dry, Annies Lane, Penfolds - name your poison :biggrin2::thumbup:

Gee I hope I aint bein taken for a ride - oh well :05: Them pectorals do have me worried ... :hitsfan::wacko:

Cheers

Ken

Guest Jocool
Hey Joe (good name for a song that)  :risata:

I have enough faith in my mate to have a small wager.  How about a case? or a bottle red?

40084[/snapback]

HMMMM...not my normal way of doing things, but greed has gotten the better of me! :1naughty:

I'm working on the assumption that you recieved this piccie on Friday. That being the case, I think you got G'ed up by your mate...So yes...I'm sticking to my story and taking your little wager! :biggrin2:

Is the guy in the piccie familiar to you Ken?

Quote from the e-mail when asked for more info ...

Ok...umm I'll try.. we were trawling with marlin lures (most fish are big enough there to take them!! Tuna, mahi mahi etc)..it took 20 minutes to bring up (I didn't think it was so big when pulling up!) on Penn 120 or 80's (I think that's right??)... hmm that's all I can say. It was big and awesome! Took 3 guys to get it in the boat!

Just over 70Kgs.

Mark - you are right it is a young lady.

Hmmm, I'm with Joe here. 70kgs and no gaff marks. Did it jump in the boat by itself :1prop:

I presume it is still alive given no obvious signs of death, so this thing would have prob flicked the young lass over the side! Imagine letting that thing loose around the boat!! :1yikes:

Did you make it a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Joe :banana:

If it's a true pic, I will be bloody impressed and hand in my membership to the Australian Sceptics Society......

I take back my remarks about the pectorals - it is the 2nd dorsal and anal fins that elongate as the fish grows. In this photo the anal fin is plenty long enough. I will try and get a few more photos.

Ken