Yellowfin

cajun

This was no April fool!!

I was also on the boat, the Yellowfin is approx 70kgs caught on 130lb Shimano Tiagra, the following day we caught 11 tuna and 2 blue marlin and 2 dorado, the tuna ranged from 55kg - 70 kg and the marlin were approx 150kg and 250 kg on 80lb Shimano's.

I guess someone owes!!post-649-1112634064_thumb.jpgpost-649-1112634120_thumb.jpgpost-649-1112634156_thumb.jpgpost-649-1112634397_thumb.jpg

for full disclosure purposes - I asked Barnzy's missus to send me some more photos, and pointed her to the thread. Barnzy was good enough to logon and post those pictures.

Thanks Mate! Hope you enjoy the site, and stick around and post some more piccies.

A bloody great fish that fin, and top shots - apparently the big blue was at the boat after dark. 250kg or more than 500lbs for us oldies.

Cheers

Cajun

Guest Jocool
  Nice way to  :thumbup:  kill off any argument from those doubting thomases and joes :risata:  :risata: .

40693[/snapback]

Looks like I'm buying! :tease: Name your Poison Ken! :thumbup:

As the first person to question the initial picture, I'd like to offer my apologies :05:

In my defence, it was posted on April 1, and while I now know its not, that first pic still looks photoshopped to my eyes.

Great fish guys!!!

Looks like I'm buying! :tease: Name your Poison Ken! :thumbup:

40715[/snapback]

I'm a man of simple tastes Joe. :1naughty: How about we discuss it over a :beersmile: at a future social. :1fishing1: I will attempt to make the next one down south ...

Ken

:1yikes: So what do you do with that much tuna? Would one fish that size keep you going for a year?

10 years ago I was fishing off a (private) warf next to the Spit Bridge. I was hoping for a fiesty Bream and almost dropped my rod when 2 enormous shapes cruised by. At the time I didn't know wha they were - now I know they were some kind of tuna. 10 years ago but I still remember thinking in disbelief that the bigger one was just about my arm span (1.5 - 1.8 m). What the hell are fish that big doing cruising up past the Spit? Did they used to catch beasties there in the good old days?

Spanker

:1yikes: So what do you do with that much tuna? Would one fish that size keep you going for a year?

10 years ago I was fishing off a (private) warf next to the Spit Bridge. I was hoping for a fiesty Bream and almost dropped my rod when 2 enormous shapes cruised by. At the time I didn't know wha they were - now I know they were some kind of tuna. 10 years ago but I still remember thinking in disbelief that the bigger one was just about my arm span (1.5 - 1.8 m). What the hell are fish that big doing cruising up past the Spit? Did they used to catch beasties there in the good old days?

Spanker

40891[/snapback]

I understand all the fish went to the local villages etc. About that long ago they were tolling 24KG and Skirted lures in the Hacking for yellowfin - all the way up south west arm :1yikes:

Cheers

Ken