No Jew, But More Jew Bait

donjuarez

Well, after Friday's squid effort ended up on the plate, i decided to try for a jew tonight with the remaining squid head, and a few small strips for some Bream or whatever happened to swim by in the meantime..

Plan was one hour before tonight's high, and 1 hour after.

Slow night, not much on.. a lot pinkies about picking away at the baits..

after an hour and a half of no joy, decided to tie on some squid jigs and see if i could score some more..

Blisteringly cold westerly blowing, also making it hard to flick my preferred 1.8 size jig around...

I went for the pink 3.25 instead and picked up these 2 squid... Not as big as friday's .. but much more aggressive on the take today? perhaps the fluctuation in air pressure?

The first squid to fall...

post-6231-1252379113_thumb.jpg

And a smaller model followed soon after...

post-6231-1252379156_thumb.jpg

Edited by throw me a fish

Decent sized squid there, good work.

Did you find the glowing outline on the squid again? I think i can see it again in the top picture.

Bad luck on the jewies, yesterday was pretty scary weather, thunderstorms and all, i wouldn't have gone out for a fish.

Thanks mate..

yep... still with that glow around the hood... only on the sides though this time...

must be the species of squid perhaps???

Not even sure if where i'm fishing is a known 'Jew producer' or not, but i've manged to catch heaps of Yakkas, squid, and garfish from here, and you can se ethat there's a steep drop off...

I reckon once i figure the spot out, i'll find a marauding jew around with all the food about...

here's hoping anyway...

Weather wasn't too bad at all... Waitied for the storm to blow over before heading out.. Once I could see clear skies, and no rain.. proved to be the right decision.. except the westerly... meant i could only really cast in one direction...

:1fishing1:

AJ