First Jew Caught On The Beach - 14kg

wttmrwolf

Well done MrWolf :thumbup: nice size jewfish that one ....bigger jew will happen for you if you keep on going back right there in the evening particularly after those water activities have finished.... it was around thirty degrees yesterday, but the swimmers in the Bay were saying the water was still very cold around midday....one of the members who fished the social told me that it was only around 16 degrees in the Bay... while good squid were caught on the north side of the Bay and slimies werre caught around the markers, there were not too many other fish around at all.... so it does look like the jew are attracted to the beaches at the moment and not so much coming in and going over to the bridges, which I think might be due to the lack of other activity at night...

By the way Ben, George and I talked about coming up to Cronulla one evening so give me a calll next time you're going down there ay, we'll should be able to bring some live bait with us.....I didn't get a chance to get the boat out on Saturday night, but I drove down to the social for the presentation and am getting along ok at the moment, anyway well enough to get a beach rod out, I'd say.....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

SUPERB fish Ben! :yahoo::yahoo:

It's great to get the 'good oil' from experienced fishos, but at the end of the day it's all up to you to put it all together and make it happen. Congrats on your achievement mate, from another envious member :thumbup:

Cheers

Hodgey

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Its amazing these creatures are literally under our noses on major beaches and in the harbours around Sydney. To have a yakka smashed in less than 1 meter of water makes you wonder where else these things are hiding.

I have a big family so need to catch fish like this to feed all the hungry mouths.

On Sunday we cooked it Billy Kwong style, ginger and shallots steamed, fed 9 people.

On Monday Italian style, crumbed with chilli, fed 7 people.

Put 2kg in the freezer for another day.

Photo attached of the italian dish.

Happy fishing.

post-3761-1253081425_thumb.jpg

Edited by wttmrwolf