Inventing A Big Bait Catapult For Long Distance Casts

archilles2

Hey all,

I've decided to whack on my medieval thinking cap and try and

invent a system or tool that can throw my baits exactly where i want them.

My biggest problem is casting 200gram bait over huge breakers.

This probably sounds ridiculous but has anyone else come up or know of something that can help me

cast long distance and heavy bait off the shore ? lol

Edited by archilles2

no worries i removed the link to the orange cannon

dont want the little ones on here getting any bad ideas

ha

heres a good link for you

nice and safe too

a water bomb slingshot HERE

Not to mention the fines if you are caught with one...illegal weapon last time I checked..

You can get a heavier slingshot through sporting stalls as I use to use them for baseball training and they can throw whatever you place in it a mile.

Regards

Daniel wood

love the slingshot concept thanks raiders! , do you reckon it could cast a 20 cm mullet and a star sinker 50m ? It would have to be quite powerful i guess! Has anyone had success with any of these ?

With a baseball we were capable of gettng it 40 odd metres high and about the same in distance about 3/4 loaded so shooting it at a lesser angle should create decent results. Depending on weight and aerodinamics of the object. A fair amount of force is exerted from the slingshot onto the load so you will have to make sure hooks are sercured even an elastic band around the lot so you don't loose the bait.

Regards

Daniel

Hey all,

I've decided to whack on my medieval thinking cap and try and

invent a system or tool that can throw my baits exactly where i want them.

My biggest problem is casting 200gram bait over huge breakers.

This probably sounds ridiculous but has anyone else come up or know of something that can help me

cast long distance and heavy bait off the shore ? lol

buy a good rod and reel learn to back cast ,you dont need to get big baits out that far ,200 grams of weight and bait you should be able to cast it 100 meters with set up right and the knolage of how to cast this weight ,shock leaders ,clip down rigs .60 penn ,if you have small hands 40 penn ,last time i was in hawaii had some fun with the local casting big baits ,

On a serious note learning to cast is a must if you want to get any distance with a dead cow ,using Cannon's is just going get fisherman baned from more fishing spots or kill some one,CC

cheapest and most reliable is a auctioned remote controll boat with a 200m raidius my mate uses this for setting livies out deep just puts a elastic band on it strikes it 2 release. seen it done a few times but never helpd him ahaha

Edited by mc fishn

Just hit up one of the local wax-heads and ask them to paddle it out for ya-

or if you surf yourself paddle it out

... Just watch out for the Noah's they can bite ...

roflroflrofl

Stockton beach style :)

Hilux with a game chair mounted in the tray, surfer to paddle your mullet out, hang on and hope for Mr Pointer to come along :thumbup: