Land Based Game V2.0

Rocker

Hi All,

I know there are already a few threads concerning this topic but I have a few other queries for you experts, as I am new to LBG and wish to use this thread as a reference, for this coming season...

1. Leaders, doubles etc. Fishing 15kg mainline and floating livies. suggestions?

2. drag presets for this line class. Around a 3rd of the breaking strain?

3. how and when to strike at a fish

4. I will mostly release but if I wish to keep a fish, do I have to pack up and hike out? or can I prevent spoilage on the stones and keep fishing?

Thanks In advance...

Paul

Hi All,

I know there are already a few threads concerning this topic but I have a few other queries for you experts, as I am new to LBG and wish to use this thread as a reference, for this coming season...

1. Leaders, doubles etc. Fishing 15kg mainline and floating livies. suggestions?

Mid North caost 15kg is heaps. Fish 4 to 6mtrs of 50 0r 60 leader.

2. drag presets for this line class. Around a 3rd of the breaking strain?

A third

3. how and when to strike at a fish

Use circles. When your livey keeps on motoring way you will know. Don't get to keen on the strike.

4. I will mostly release but if I wish to keep a fish, do I have to pack up and hike out? or can I prevent spoilage on the stones and keep fishing?

Thanks In advance...

Hard to release fish of the stones with a gaff hole in them. Cut them of while they are still in the water. I use a hession sack for my tuna. Keep it wet and in the shade. It's not an esky, but better than nothing for a couple of hours. Not much good if you hook up at first light and you are still there at 4 in arvo waiting for another run either.

Paul

One of the south coast boys may fill you in on how they do it. Different ball game down there, but it is the ultimate prize.

Good luck, will see out there some time next year

Thanks for your input, much appreciated

I'm using a wilson LBG deluxe 9ft rod, Daiwa sealine LD30 reel, have a black magic 15kg mainline and a 100lb mono leader

I'm going for a wind on leader around 10m or so?

I have a range of hooks 5/0, 6/0, ,7/0 in octopus and circle.

I had read somewhere, that when your livie starts to take off to give the fish time to flip the bait around and then swallow. And strike once it takes of again?

I'm Targeting Kings, Cobia, Tuna. just about anything that will give me a good fight!

I'm fishing on the Central Coast, NSW

Thanks for your input, much appreciated

I'm using a wilson LBG deluxe 9ft rod, Daiwa sealine LD30 reel, have a black magic 15kg mainline and a 100lb mono leader

I'm going for a wind on leader around 10m or so?

I have a range of hooks 5/0, 6/0, ,7/0 in octopus and circle.

I had read somewhere, that when your livie starts to take off to give the fish time to flip the bait around and then swallow. And strike once it takes of again?

I'm Targeting Kings, Cobia, Tuna. just about anything that will give me a good fight!

I'm fishing on the Central Coast, NSW

Dont strike if you're using circles.

Circles are good for bridling up i hear but i never use them. I like J hooks personally.

15kg is fine for tuna and cobia, but for kings it might be a bit light on for the bigger models. It can be done but good kings brick you much easier on 15kg.

I fish a bit heaver than 1/3 drag on my tackle, about 10kg on 24 with sunset at about 14kg.

South Coast Mate...

Always have a 24kg set up for some action...

Don't use circle hooks... And when line is screaming and your bait has been eaten, you'll know... LOCK UP!!

Yeehhaaa bring on the New Season...

Catch ya down there maybe...

Cheers

Ben

thanks guys!

By J hook do you mean one with no turn on the eyelet?

Size suggestions for hooks?

say on a 25-30cm bait(yakkas, pike)

Bigger ones? (salmon)

There's been a few salmon about the last few days. I'm hoping they stick around for saturday.....