Nepean

Mike Armour

Aah well its time again to start hitting my local river the Nepean.

I went out on Sunday morning for a few hours for a flick to see what was around.

Hit the water at 430 and wasn't long before the bass were smashing the surface lures. All around 30-35.

Once the sun came up everything went quiet until this one scoffed my surface lure down. Went 46cm. Great day out well worth getting up on a Sunday at 4 for.

post-4538-1253518513_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mike Armour

Top fish there mate, a real cracker for the nepean. Without giving your spot away was it around Penrith? They're doing an upgrade to the fish ladder at Penrith weir and I thought it might be impossible for them to get further than that

Top fish there mate, a real cracker for the nepean. Without giving your spot away was it around Penrith? They're doing an upgrade to the fish ladder at Penrith weir and I thought it might be impossible for them to get further than that

tommy not all the fish will go downstream to spawn, you will get big bass that stay their ground year round.

NOTE: there are no fishing signs around the weir approx 50m upstream and 100m downstream