Fingal Bay

troy

You can fish the beach for the usual species. Look for the holes and gutters. At low tide, you can cross the spit and walk out to the island and fish the rocks. You can also fish either side of the spit. Just be careful not to get caught by the incoming tide. At the southern end of Fingal Bay, there is a small park called Barry Park. People go there to watch whales. There's an easy track down to the rocks and there are a few nice holes and reasonably safe areas to fish. I have had reasonable success on bream and pigs here. When I stay at the Fingal caravan park, it's a nice handy place to fish before breakfast with the family. If you're keen, there are tracks further south and you can walk around to some steep rock platforms that look like they drop into deep water. I haven't bothered. but should one day. Years ago, around this time of year, bluefin used to frequent the area, right into the Port, so you never know your luck.

Good luck and tight lines.

Baz

There is not a lot of land based places in the Pt Stephens area that are reliabily productive. For Fingle bay , the front of the Surf club is worth a try & perhaps along the beach North of the club.

The most popular spot is is the rock wall just near the fish co-op at Nelson Bay. The tide movement can be a problem so fishing this location an hour before / after the high or low is preferable.

Fishing charters are available at reasonable prices. Check out the booking office where all the day cruises are booked at the Nelson Bay Marina.

Geoff

yeh my brother in laws holiday house is on the street behind the caravan park , i still havent caught a fish on soft plastics so id like to give it a go but if i was to go off the beach would i use pillies. cheers troy