What A Day 24/09/09!

finallyOnline

My first post here guys have been an avid reader and member for a long time now.Took a da off work yesterday just to go fishing in the georges after reading all the informative posts here on f/r.

Got to the boat ramp about 9am with hopes and dreams of landing my first jew(have been fishin for plenty of years now and thats one of the fishes that never made it into the bucket,the elusive jew).

Went out past alfords point bridge and after the turn to the right i anchored up and i wasnt going home until i catch what i came here for.i have been told for catching a jewie u need patience and that i had.

i was there for around 3 hours and after a lot of burley and a couple of beers not a single bite

so i headed back up past the boat ramp to try the other side towards the bridge(the one that looks like the harbour bridge)and waited patiently,brought a stack of bait live nippers,fresh squid and pilchards,got a few taps on the nippers but nothing to get to excited over thats when i thought i might try a lure.

i have never tried lure fishing and always seemed a bit skeptical but i thought hey i have the day off and it was with plenty of time it was only 6pm so why not give it a go.Casted out about 10-15 times in all directions and nothing from there i started thinking what a waste of time but still continued to cast out anyway and WHACK!!!! all hell broke loose my rod tip buckled down south and i thought oh my god this is going to snap my ultra light rod and 8lb braid into bits.After about 10mins of going for screaming runs to the left i ended up catching my first ever jewie.i screamed out in excitement yessss and the old couple that live along the bank on the georges river thought there must have been something wrong with me but that did not bother me one bit,i was wrapped.i thought i might stay around for a little while longer and casted the lures well into the night,didnt realise the time and i got back into the picnic point boat ramp@2.30am with a 68cm jew 4 flatties biggest 54cm's and 3 legal trevally.Got back home at 3.30am and took another sickie(no sleep and was to happy to be at work).I still have a smile on my face now as im typing this post and i can now say that after only being on the georges river once before and not catching much i believe the jewies it produces and am genuinely hooked on using lures!!!!Will be back there on saturday!!!!

My first post here guys have been an avid reader and member for a long time now.Took a da off work yesterday just to go fishing in the georges after reading all the informative posts here on f/r.

Got to the boat ramp about 9am with hopes and dreams of landing my first jew(have been fishin for plenty of years now and thats one of the fishes that never made it into the bucket,the elusive jew).

Went out past alfords point bridge and after the turn to the right i anchored up and i wasnt going home until i catch what i came here for.i have been told for catching a jewie u need patience and that i had.

i was there for around 3 hours and after a lot of burley and a couple of beers not a single bite

so i headed back up past the boat ramp to try the other side towards the bridge(the one that looks like the harbour bridge)and waited patiently,brought a stack of bait live nippers,fresh squid and pilchards,got a few taps on the nippers but nothing to get to excited over thats when i thought i might try a lure.

i have never tried lure fishing and always seemed a bit skeptical but i thought hey i have the day off and it was with plenty of time it was only 6pm so why not give it a go.Casted out about 10-15 times in all directions and nothing from there i started thinking what a waste of time but still continued to cast out anyway and WHACK!!!! all hell broke loose my rod tip buckled down south and i thought oh my god this is going to snap my ultra light rod and 8lb braid into bits.After about 10mins of going for screaming runs to the left i ended up catching my first ever jewie.i screamed out in excitement yessss and the old couple that live along the bank on the georges river thought there must have been something wrong with me but that did not bother me one bit,i was wrapped.i thought i might stay around for a little while longer and casted the lures well into the night,didnt realise the time and i got back into the picnic point boat ramp@2.30am with a 68cm jew 4 flatties biggest 54cm's and 3 legal trevally.Got back home at 3.30am and took another sickie(no sleep and was to happy to be at work).I still have a smile on my face now as im typing this post and i can now say that after only being on the georges river once before and not catching much i believe the jewies it produces and am genuinely hooked on using lures!!!!Will be back there on saturday!!!!

Ah congrats on your success. You have every right to be excited. Good work mate.

:1welcomeani: mate,

well done,top effort with the lures.its sometimes weird that we could have fresh & live baits out & not turn a reel until you pull out the lures,chuck em in,then whack!!!!i dont have much experience with lures but i have used them quite a bit & caught fish.[but never a jewie.soon i hope!]great job mate.

:beersmile: cheers :thumbup:

johnny :biggrin2:

p.s..what kures where you using,plastics or hardbodies???

:1welcomeani: mate,

well done,top effort with the lures.its sometimes weird that we could have fresh & live baits out & not turn a reel until you pull out the lures,chuck em in,then whack!!!!i dont have much experience with lures but i have used them quite a bit & caught fish.[but never a jewie.soon i hope!]great job mate.

:beersmile: cheers :thumbup:

johnny :biggrin2:

p.s..what kures where you using,plastics or hardbodies???

i was using berkley gulp 3inch minnows the green and orange ones.hope this helps...