A Little Advice?

deano336

Im planning on taking a few mates up to Avoca for a spin. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice to make the day a little more successful. I notice a lot of raiders hit these waters frequently.

I was thinking of squidding the night before to catch some fresh squid to take there?

Thanks in advance for anyone wanting to contribute

Im planning on taking a few mates up to Avoca for a spin. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice to make the day a little more successful. I notice a lot of raiders hit these waters frequently.

I was thinking of squidding the night before to catch some fresh squid to take there?

Thanks in advance for anyone wanting to contribute

if you are going for a spin session wait until after the full moon in jan 2010 as this is when the bonito start to build up for them to spawn , if you are going now there are alot more sambos on the northern part of the coast on spin than south .

Mate have a little squizz back through the forums,

It seems like every day someone is asking something about Avoca, seems like everytime I log on there are the same questions and answers for the area...

Have a squizz back over the last week, maybe 2? Should be a tonne of info, alot of helpful Raiders here...

Cheers

Ben

Mate have a little squizz back through the forums,

It seems like every day someone is asking something about Avoca, seems like everytime I log on there are the same questions and answers for the area...

Have a squizz back over the last week, maybe 2? Should be a tonne of info, alot of helpful Raiders here...

Cheers

Ben

if you are thinking of a fish up this way on the long weekend ,be careful as there is some solid ground swell with big winds from the s to se hitting on friday night ,if you must fish find a high rock on the northern end of a head land and fish for reds , there are some very good red grounds on the northern beaches of sydney that fish well in big swell and southerly winds at this time of the year ,they are safe as well .cc

If your fishing Avoca this weekend i advise you not to fish it. Seabreeze is saying 3m swell from SE and that is dangerous, it might come down but its rising hard so you might even go out there and think everything is ok then a good wave comes over and you lose all your gear or some skin.

Seen it all happen there too many times, look at the plaques on the way in, Avoca isn't some picnic ledge it can hurt you!

If you have experience you probably wouldn't be there this weekend, thats my advice.

If your fishing Avoca this weekend i advise you not to fish it. Seabreeze is saying 3m swell from SE and that is dangerous, it might come down but its rising hard so you might even go out there and think everything is ok then a good wave comes over and you lose all your gear or some skin.

Seen it all happen there too many times, look at the plaques on the way in, Avoca isn't some picnic ledge it can hurt you!

If you have experience you probably wouldn't be there this weekend, thats my advice.

In that case might reconsider. Not worth the risk at this stage. Plenty of good safe places to go.

G'day Dean, mate thanks for the reply to the PM I sent you.

If you do venture up here considering the forecast, you can

still have a try down the southern end of the beach,

the south swell won't be hitting it there and it is partly

sheltered from the south winds, I would be wary of

rock fishing, but the beach would be a good alternative..