On Like Donkey Kong

heavy

Morning..

It was on Like Donkey Kong..

Hit the water at around 7ish last nite,,

With in 10 mins the first hit was on.. just a small little jewie,, throw that back in...

after 20min,, Bang,,,, nice eating size Jewiee,, Hi Fives all round,,

All on board,, with Ali, snapper john and StellaMark...

aprox 9pm,,, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Dont know what it was,,, but i couldnt stop it,,,,

Keeped on Going,, going,, going and going....

Over 250mters of line GONE.....

BUSTED....... :mad3::mad3:

for the next 1hur,, we sat there thinking what it could of been,, i really didnt think it was a jewie,, So everyone had there 2cents say on what it was,,,

Best call was ,, " it could of been a Marlin" :074::074::074::074::074:

looks like its on like donkey kong tonight... :thumbup:

post-6083-1254265463_thumb.jpg

So you were fishing the top of the tide ?

I thought como was a bottom-of-the-tide spot.

The tide was running out at Como Bridge at 6pm so launching sevenish would have been fishing runout tide.

There was a boat anchored up either side of the bridge but I didn't see any action on the boats.

I was there fishing for blackies, plenty of live bait size but no keepers.

Hookerbruce

Raiders,

If anyone is in for this weekend for get on board to catch the one that got away,, you can Pm me..

I have been thinking really hard,,, and have come with with a RAY...I think a shark would of cut my line within the first 30m run...

Raiders,

If anyone is in for this weekend for get on board to catch the one that got away,, you can Pm me..

I have been thinking really hard,,, and have come with with a RAY...I think a shark would of cut my line within the first 30m run...

Usually a Ray will run then just sit on the bottom and they are real hard to move

Its not generally known for Rays to take long runs and not stop but Noahs sure will ...

Still call for a Noah but anything is possible, even a Marlin or Tuna... hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Am off myself on weekend out in Pittwater on a mates tinnie, we try to chase some Kingies (and hopefully my first legal one- plenty of Rats but nothing over that magic 65cm)

If all goes to poo I will head up Broken Bay chase a Jew up there and hopefully nail some Taylor and Sambo's

Good luck if you head on weekend mate

Raiders,

Are you still gonna go if it's raining and blowing 15kn at night ?

I'm considering giving it a go but my mediocre level of experience with jews combined with the lack-of-comfort factor at night might persuade me to fish daytime for my beloved bream - I have not fished in 10 weeks due to overseas committments so I'm a bit rusty...

If you're still gonna go, let me know - I haven't decided what to do yet.....

By the way, the bull sharks follow the jew up the river - if there are sharks about, you can bet there are good schools of jew around. Sharks often get only lip-hooked and don't cut the line - if the leader is heavily chafed (rubbed with sandpaper), you can bet it was a shark.....

Are you still gonna go if it's raining and blowing 15kn at night ?

I'm considering giving it a go but my mediocre level of experience with jews combined with the lack-of-comfort factor at night might persuade me to fish daytime for my beloved bream - I have not fished in 10 weeks due to overseas committments so I'm a bit rusty...

If you're still gonna go, let me know - I haven't decided what to do yet.....

By the way, the bull sharks follow the jew up the river - if there are sharks about, you can bet there are good schools of jew around. Sharks often get only lip-hooked and don't cut the line - if the leader is heavily chafed (rubbed with sandpaper), you can bet it was a shark.....

15kn,, that nothing..

you are usually covered, so 15knts is not that bad..

gday mate I was down your way a few weeks back fishing the cpt cook bridge with fresh squid and i hooked an eagle ray the size of a car that we up anchored and followed for about a klm!! on 30 lb braid - this thing swam amazingly fast and was incredibly strong if we hadnt chased it, it would have spooled me no risk at one stage my mate was driving the boat and saying wind line back on! and i had to tell him line was still pouring of the reel and to speed up so we could catch it! my bet is thats what you hooked!

pete.

gday mate I was down your way a few weeks back fishing the cpt cook bridge with fresh squid and i hooked an eagle ray the size of a car that we up anchored and followed for about a klm!! on 30 lb braid - this thing swam amazingly fast and was incredibly strong if we hadnt chased it, it would have spooled me no risk at one stage my mate was driving the boat and saying wind line back on! and i had to tell him line was still pouring of the reel and to speed up so we could catch it! my bet is thats what you hooked!

pete.

Hi tide'n'knots,

Gotta love those eagle rays. I have battled those things more than a few times and they usually don't go more than 50m before stopping on the bottom to bury themselves. I hate them with a passion. So if this thing ran 250m, my money is on a bull shark. In any case, if it was a shark, it means they have a good food source to follow up the river in the form of good schools of decent jew, and of course, psychologically, it gives me more incentive to wet a line for a jewie !

These days, I need as many incentives as I can get !

So, I will therefore brave the rain this weekend to look for one of these fictitious jewfish....

Tony