Como Fri 2/10 No Jews

hookerbruce

Friday night looked like it might be Ok for jews so the plans were made. easy just get away from work early

catch some live bait and anchor up before dark.

Well plans never seem to reflect what really happens.

Caught up at work not home till 4;30 ok plan B leave home just after 5 deckie had fresh squid and mullet

fillets for bait.

Deckie rang 5;15 couldn't go .... family matter ...ok I know how keen he is so it was ok

Plan C I'll still go on my own

Raided the freezer grabbed a blackfish and a kilo of large green bananna prawns.

Hooked the boat up to the nissan and moved it up on to the driveway. This showed the trailer tyre

a bit too low, the grass in the back yard had hidden how low. I was still going. I found the pump pumped it up and was on the way to the ramp just on 6pm.

Got to the ramp and got the boat in with no dramas, didn't know how much water there would be as I don't normally use the ramp at Como. Pushed off from the ramp then started the motor just as the rain started to fall.

Decided to fish an area where we catch a lot of blackies near Como, two reasons it was close to the ramp, had a bit of shelter from the south easterly that was blowing the rain and the jews could be feeding on blackies.

Anchored up in 6m of water over a bit of reefy bottom with a dropoff to 8.5m just behind the boat and a few smaller fish showing on the sounder.

After 2 hours with out a decent bite and thunder and lightning getting closer I gave up went home and cooked up the prawns with tomartos,garlic and some fresh spinach stirred in.

The best part of the trip was eating the bait. But if I hadn't gone and tried I would have always wondered

what could have been.

I saw a couple of boats fishing under como bridge but don't know if they caught any.

By the number of reports it doesn't sound as if too much was caught over the weekend.

Still hooking

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

My brother and I were fishing just upstream from the bridge on Fri nite and landed 7 jew from 43cm up to 73cm. I am just waiting to get my hands on the photos so I can post a report.

Also one of my brothers mates were fishing at the bridge in a little tinny and on the drift upstream picked up a 81cm flathead, before the heavens opened up.

Luke