Painted Or Unpainted Tinny?

Dangas

Hi Raiders

Im looking at purchasing a 4.3 Stacer Nomad and i am undecided on whether to get it painted or unpainted. I will be using the boat at least 1-2 time a fortnight and mostly fishing in and around Botany Bay/Georges River.

I am really looking for practicality and ease of maintenance, can someone go through the pros and cons each??

Hiya Dangas,

Think it all comes down to personal preference.

No matter which way you go, i recommend you wash your boat down after every outing.

Being unpainted, if you for some reason forget to wash your boat, there is no paint work that can be affected, inturn, may make the alluminium dull..

Choice is yours :o)

Hope this helps

The cons with a painted boat are that eventually you will have to repaint it.

Thats about it really. The paint will last for a fair while before it starts to wear out. If you are constantly putting something down on the floor that may hasten this process ie a bait bucket in the same place every time, just whack a bit of carpet down first.

A painted tinney is a hell of a lot more enjoyable in summer than a bare one.

Dave

thanks for all your responses, i spose a white painted boat would be a lot cooler in the summer heat and you would still have to wash the boat after a trip whether it painted or unpainted.

Just wondering tho, would you have problems with rust bubbling up under the paint?

thanks for all your responses, i spose a white painted boat would be a lot cooler in the summer heat and you would still have to wash the boat after a trip whether it painted or unpainted.

Just wondering tho, would you have problems with rust bubbling up under the paint?

aluminium boats dont rust....

if anything, you may get salt build up if it gets in under the paint, or another issue is electrolysis, this is caused from having stainless steel and aluminium touching and having a bad earth on your boat.

that can cause your paint to bubble.

Dangas, go for the painted option, however, I wouldn't paint the inside pure white as the glare will kill you.

Mine is painted in an off-white colour called "Pearl" which is a Norglass product, Works brilliantly by keeping cool in direct sun with virtually no glare.

Just my experience. Mods, can I mention paint brands here??

Cheers, Tuffy

so i guess painted it is then.

thanks for all the advice guys...

i spose it is easier on the eyes on both glare and from an aesthetic point of view.

I just gotta stop being so lazy and wash the boat down carefully after every trip, which is hard to do at the end of the day when youve been up since 4am in the morning and your arms are about to break out of their sockets from lifting up anchors all day and sunburnt and full of fish guts, but thats the price you pay for your passion.