Narooma

Gorms

Gday everyone,

I've fished Narooma a few times in a small tinny, and have done well with snapper in the lake, lots of flatties and bream.

This time im heading down with a 5 meter Centre console with a 60hpr. Its equipped with downriggers, live bait tank and a GPS/Fish finder combo so my question is, without crossing the bar, does anyone have some advice/experience on getting some decent fish (Kingfish, Snapper, Tuna if possible) without heading too far off the coast. I'm yet to get a marine radio, and EPIRB so im unable to get more than 2NM off the coast.

I'm happy to drive down to Bermagui or another boat ramp to avoid the dreaded bar.

Cheers

Gorms

Gday everyone,

I've fished Narooma a few times in a small tinny, and have done well with snapper in the lake, lots of flatties and bream.

This time im heading down with a 5 meter Centre console with a 60hpr. Its equipped with downriggers, live bait tank and a GPS/Fish finder combo so my question is, without crossing the bar, does anyone have some advice/experience on getting some decent fish (Kingfish, Snapper, Tuna if possible) without heading too far off the coast. I'm yet to get a marine radio, and EPIRB so im unable to get more than 2NM off the coast.

I'm happy to drive down to Bermagui or another boat ramp to avoid the dreaded bar.

Cheers

Gorms

anyone fished Narooma?

Any info is appreciated.

Gorms I fish Narooma from time to time , but like you I stay away from the bar & only fish the lake area.

Bermi is my favourie spot , no bar 2 good ramps , parking & facilities.

Here is the link to the section on "Boat Ramps" in the main menu.

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=22256

As for the fishing , there is a tackle store / servo opposite the river ramp , near the bridge.

They have maps & all the latest info on the off shore seen.

Geoff

Edited by Geoff

Gorms I fish Narooma from time to time , but like you I stay away from the bar & only fish the lake area.

Bermi is my favourie spot , no bar 2 good ramps , parking & facilities.

Here is the link to the section on "Boat Ramps" in the main menu.

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=22256

As for the fishing , there is a tackle store / servo opposite the river ramp , near the bridge.

They have maps & all the latest info on the off shore seen.

Geoff

Thanks for getting back to me Geoff,

Do you have any idea how far off the coast i need to get before i can start trawling for some of the well known Tuna or Kingfish down there?

Thanks for getting back to me Geoff,

Do you have any idea how far off the coast i need to get before i can start trawling for some of the well known Tuna or Kingfish down there?

Sorry Geoffm just read the bottom part about the servo.

Ill check with them

Thanks again

there's kingies at montague island but its a bit hit and miss these days, and you have to cross the bar. Other option is to launch from bermi, bit further to reach the island but no bar to cross. If you launch from Bermi, we have picked up some stripeys and albies between the six and twelve mile reefs (you might need offshore safety stuff like epirb...) if you find its too far out then there are a few reefs like the steps etc closer to shore, just drop by bermi bait and tackle and ask Scott for the good oil.

hope this helps.

cheers

tom

You used to be able to launch smaller boats at Mystery Bay, which is a great place to camp too, and I think a fair bit quicker to Montague. If Montague's too far for you, you should be able troll in closer to the rocks along that way. The bar is a lot better than the old days!

Baz

Gday everyone,

Cheers

Gorms

Gorms

I have fished out of Bermagui a few times both with Charters & our own boat, we always started at the Five mile draging live baits or xmas trees out to the twelve mile (not realy 12 miles more like 9). try a few laps of the 12 mile (folow the crowd, as sometimes it looks like Sydney Harbour) if that fails try cubing with live baits on balloons between the 12 mile & the shelf for Tuna.

I haven't done much bottom bouncing, but there are good flaties found drifting the northern end of the beach out of Bermagui. Can't help you with the Island as I have only fished it twice with out much luck.

For more info the local servo's & tackle shops are always helpful.

Good Luck

AlanB