Lambeth Reserve, Still Hot Enough...

mbolton@jsg.com.au

Went down to Lambeth reserve on the weekend after reading a couple of the online reports from the good ole Fishraider wedsite!!!

Started off my day by going down to the concrete Jetty to see how the local fisho's were going, from a distance i could already see a bloke in a fishraider hat, and said my Hello's turned out to be a nice chap by the name of Chris smith i think his name was who i have to thank for giving me a lot of advice on the area.

Jetty was a little bit crowded so i thought i would give the lads fishing some space and head down to the boardwalk about 500 metres down river, heard good things about it so i thought i might try it out.

2 hours i spent down there without soo much as even a half down, lost 1 float to i don't know what but it kept going so my guess would be a fowl hooked a ray or something only had on 2 pound line on that one.

I didn't even find the board walk good for jigging soft plastics lost 3 of the bastards!! excuse the language,

and after 2 hours of Burley trails and wasted time in my personal opinion don't know if i'd recommend the baord walk to people who don't know the spot very well.

I then decided to go back up to the concrete Jetty where i found most of the blokes fishing for the blackies had dissapeared sat down casted a line in and again nothing the bloke next to me using Green weed flies was getting hits left right and center!!! Im going to get some of them to use for myself i think.

either way he left and i changed to a weed i found that isn't quite green weed it's something else and then the action finally started after a little bit of burleying up.

Caught a few undersize, had 3 consecutive pulled hooks, and over the course of the weekend ended up catching 5 legal blackies. :biggrin2:

I recommend the concrete JEtty for anyone who wants to have some fun with the mullet or blackfish down there :)

post-11591-1255306702_thumb.jpg

This monster i had to beach it was too heavy to pull out of the water was a massiv pain in the ass to get in but oh soo much fun :)

post-11591-1255306854_thumb.jpg

post-11591-1255306897_thumb.jpg

Went down to Lambeth reserve on the weekend after reading a couple of the online reports from the good ole Fishraider wedsite!!!

Started off my day by going down to the concrete Jetty to see how the local fisho's were going, from a distance i could already see a bloke in a fishraider hat, and said my Hello's turned out to be a nice chap by the name of Chris smith i think his name was who i have to thank for giving me a lot of advice on the area.......

Well done mate, a great sized Blackfish you got there. I am hope they are still holding in the area later in the week when work quietens down a little.

G'day Michael, it was nice to meet you - It's always nice to bump into other Fishraiders when you're wetting a line. :thumbup:

Pity you didn't manage to get any fish from the boardwalk :1badmood: , It can be a pretty good spot at times as I'm sure others will attest to. Well done on getting a couple from the jetty though mate!

I spent a couple of hours fishing with the bloke (Paul) using the weed flies and I must say I was amazed at how many downs he was getting (at times he was getting more downs with the fly than I was getting with weed :1yikes: ). We where being pestered by small fish but there was the occasional decent one amongst them…..and when the first keeper came in on the fly it was high fives all-round :yahoo: . – might have to get me some of them flies!!!

I managed five keepers for the day, three from the jetty and two from another spot further up stream.

Better luck next time – hope to bump into you again some time.

Cheers,

Smitty…

Haha cheers mate great to meet you too im sure i'll see you around in the future i think im going to start trying Kelso Beach soon for the blackies it's my home fishing spot i know all the rock structure pretty well so i cold fish there low tide or high only problem is i know the current and if you slip on those rock you wont be able to stop yourself from being swept over at least a small ditance..

Good to hear you had a good catch, cheers and beers MIck! :)