A Sign Of The Times?

tuffy

Raiders, I have noticed of late that there a just as many new items in Swap & Sell as there usually is, but there seems to be a distinct lack of buyer interest in pretty much all of the items for sale, mine included.

Has anybody else noticed this? It seems that nobody out there is parting with their hard-earned at the mo.

Could be things are coming to roost with this GEC, or is this just a figment of my imagination. Be interesting to hear if any Raiders are affected by our supposed economic "crisis".

Just thought I would start this new thread cos it's deadly quiet where I work at the moment.

Cheers, Tuffy.

Interesting. I've definitely been looking with interest but unfortunately can only drool... :(

I'm looking for a 4.2-4.5 metre tinny and motor but I guess it will have to be an oldie as the most I can probably afford (or the :wife: reckons we can afford) would be what you're asking for your motor! (Which I'm sure is worth it BTW). :)

Coule be the GEC but every time I get close to being able to afford what I want, something else always comes up, e.g. renovations, wife's car, son's car, caravan... :05:

Good luck.

Baz

It could be that when you advertise on sell and swap here that the majority of the viewers already have most of the gear that they require.

I have seen lots of gear for sale which I would not mind having but you can only fit so much stuff into your garage or boat before the :wife: catches on.

Keep putting your gear up and you never no someone maybe just after what you are selling.

The hard reality is your second hand products are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them, no matter how much you paid for them. Some people just want too much, some things are just harder to sell and you have to wait longer for the right buyer.

Its like when people say I spent x amount on my house so it should be worth so much more when they want to sell it. That has no relevance. The only thing that counts is what someone is willing to pay and or getting them to pay that amount.

My 2 cents working in Sales the last 20 years.

If you're "Wondering" if the GEC "might" be effecting some change mate then I suggest you are in a fortunate position. I know lots of people who are struggling to put food on the table let alone purchase anything, new or secondhand.

Don't fool yourself, the situation isn't all roses.

Would love to comment on GEC etc but would be pages worth and don't wanna get worked up over it.

Q; Hey Canberra!! Wanna give me some of your recent pay rise???

A; No bloody way, suffer tax payer, the fat man is gettin fatter and doin less.

Going fishin to relax. :1fishing1:

Cheers

Leo

Would love to comment on GEC etc but would be pages worth and don't wanna get worked up over it.

Q; Hey Canberra!! Wanna give me some of your recent pay rise???

A; No bloody way, suffer tax payer, the fat man is gettin fatter and doin less.

Going fishin to relax. :1fishing1:

Cheers

Leo

The twenty-genuine-posts makes it hard for new blood to get involved.

hey tuffy i work in heavy eng.and were one off the lucky companys as we have energy australia contracts

and they are keeping our heads above water just we also do earthmoving equipment and for the last 12 month it has been dead

earthmoving is a good indication off how the state is going when they stop diging big holes it only a matter off time before all the trades slow down

the good news is there starting to quote a heap off new big jobs they will take 6 month to start but at least there is some light at the end off the tunnel

the stainless steel work i do is also dead and i have a heap off stock and have stopped making any new items untill the stock moves witch will hopfully be this summer

the only bad part about australia not going into a full blown resesion is we will have no recovery either

so hang in there raiders i think by july 20010 australia should be on the way up again but there will be a few up's and downs before then

we used to have work planed 6 month in advance but now we go from month to month

for those off us that are 40 and over we have seen this happen a few times before

cherrs gary

I think it's has a lot to do with the economy, I've just finshed doing my gst & the last 3 month's are the worst

I've had turn over wise since I started business over 30 years ago.Every one thinks twice befor shelling out on anything now wheather its fishing gear or anything else, myself included.Just keep trying it has to get better it can't get worst :( ..............................................OR CAN IT??????????????????

Regards Jeff