Live Yakkas In Cronulla

cronullafisher

ok great, thanks buddy.

When i was just a kid years ago we used to get them just inside Gunnamatta bay near the fisheries. Is that still a good spot for yakkas?is it legal?

Also – one other thing – I cant find anywhere a site that shows you water temperate for specific areas.

Any ideas?

If you are going out I always go near shark island as there is plenty of weed & structure & if not there just north east you will find 3 buoys & around there burley bread & bait jig for yakkas . Sometimes you will find squid around there .

Good Luck !!!

Edited by hornets

Hi guys,

Its my first post on here and just need some advice.

I live in cronulla and am heading just off the heads at cronulla in search of kingfish (if only the water would warm up)

Just want to know the best place in the hacking to get some yakkas for live bait?

Cheers,

Cronullafisher

Yeah mate, got plenty at Shark island on Wednesday and the water temp was 18 deg outside.

R

ok great, thanks buddy.

When i was just a kid years ago we used to get them just inside Gunnamatta bay near the fisheries. Is that still a good spot for yakkas?is it legal?

Also – one other thing – I cant find anywhere a site that shows you water temperate for specific areas.

Any ideas?

Gunnumatta Bay is always a good spot. Berley up, fish with a handline and a small long shank hook with the bait on the tip.

Hi there,

I personally do not know a great deal about the hacking but all I can tell you is I have been to yowie bay twice this week including tonight...

There are plenty of Yakkas probably best time is just after sunset and Mullet are there also just need to remember to burley them up...

I caught a mullet tonight to use for bait tomorrow off the beach just to try out and if its a goer ill be back for more mullet as they are easy to catch and give a little bit of a fight also...

I am just wondering where all the Squid have gone!!!! as thats my main reason for going to yowie...

Good Luck Anyway,

Regards,

Nathan

hay nathan yeah i have been down in the last week and found it very slow for squiding as well there was a old greek guy there catching bucket loads of yakka's on monday good sign to see some large numbers of bait fish back in the bay.. cya out there :1fishing1: