Water Temperature 19 Degrees?

archilles2

Hey All,

I work for the papers and have noticed water temp has remained a stable 16 degrees for

the past week but in todays paper it's shown 19 degrees - can anyone confirm this or

recommend a site that shows water temp in sydney ?

THey are hard to come across , also is it the surface temperature that temps are based on ?

Cheers ,

Archilles2

Swordfisherman - Im a fan of the no spot x rule but im a little confused about the rule. I understand that we are not able to mention spot x, but are we still able to make a post and not disclose the exact location? For instance is saying the fish was caught in the harbour or pittwater sufficient or do we need to provide more details?

Hi dicko -

Spot “X” is not a great fit with the Fishraider philosophy of helping, sharing knowledge & informing site members.

Members who catch fish at spot “X” and who want to share their experience with the site should be prepared to disclose the name of the harbour, river or estuary etc where the fish were caught. More exact information is not required unless the posting member is happy to share it.

The PM system is there for those who wish to impose a question on the posting member as to the specific location and can be answered or not at the discretion of the posting member.

In short Spot “X” posts leave most members in the dark to some extent and are viewed as a fish catching post rather that a fishing report by the majority of members, mods & admin.

Hope this helps all understand.

Blood Knot

And my 2 cents worth...

Originally, Spot x was used by most people tongue in cheek... I was guilty of it myself as a new member long ago. These days it gets used by people who are often just trying to be smart (that's the polite way to say it).

Regardless of the motivation though, it makes a lot of members feel pretty frustrated, particularly when they're on the site to learn how to catch fish better. As Blood Knot said, that's against the philosophy of Fishraider which works hard to be welcoming and helpful to all fishos, regardless of experience.

If you don't want to give away your secret spots, just mention a general area or no area at all. Don't spoil other Fishraiders' experience on the site by being deliberately and obviously evasive.

Slinky

Hi dicko -

Spot “X” is not a great fit with the Fishraider philosophy of helping, sharing knowledge & informing site members.

Members who catch fish at spot “X” and who want to share their experience with the site should be prepared to disclose the name of the harbour, river or estuary etc where the fish were caught. More exact information is not required unless the posting member is happy to share it.

The PM system is there for those who wish to impose a question on the posting member as to the specific location and can be answered or not at the discretion of the posting member.

In short Spot “X” posts leave most members in the dark to some extent and are viewed as a fish catching post rather that a fishing report by the majority of members, mods & admin.

Hope this helps all understand.

Blood Knot

Well said Blood Knot. Persons who post ----- "oooooo look at my big fish I caught but I am not going to tell you how or where I caught it" have one intent and that is to brag. Brag posts are boring and uninformative and the site would soon lose its appeal if that was all that was here.

If you don't want to share then don't post it - simple as that. Here endeth the lesson.

mrsswordfisherman