Lavender Bay

PPSGT

Hi Raiders,

Just looking out of my officde window to see a bunch of kings working out the front of the

bay just out from the moored boats followed by 100 seagulls

They could be salmon, but the water looks warm and the kings have been up around Lane Cove

and the birds came from the west following the fish

Its not tailor, as the seagulls are getting nothing......

They are just sitting on top of the water and now and them moves when the fish break in another spot.

Going to go for lunch, walk around Luna Park and have a closer look

Isnt it smart how the fish sit in the no fishing zone....

Everytime I launch from Lane Cove first thing in the morning in the summer, before the ferries start I pass hordes of kings right under the bridge

Jason

That would have been very exciting to watch - I wouldn't be surprised if they were kingies - I watched 4 separate schools swim past the breakwall into Wallis Lake on Sun afternoon - I just wished I had some metal lures to toss about, too!! :wacko:

Roberta

Hope you get into some, Craig! Good luck!!

That would have been very exciting to watch - I wouldn't be surprised if they were kingies - I watched 4 separate schools swim past the breakwall into Wallis Lake on Sun afternoon - I just wished I had some metal lures to toss about, too!! :wacko:

Roberta

could only stay for a couple of hours , no kingies a few undersize bream and 2 cutlefish .

through the cutlefish back they were about 10 inches long and were perfect kingfish tucker ..... come to think of it they did seem a litle worried . :1prop:

craig

And today....

post-2971-1255994624_thumb.jpg

Its dead...

No Birds...

No surface bust ups.....

Still want to go fishing though............

haha is that your office window

i kinda feel sorry for you i would go crazy if i had to sit in a office all day looking at that

ive got big windows but i look out over a main road

Roberta

It's a shame about the no fishing, I think the number of boats fishing for kingfish under the bridge in the early mornings might have upset the ferry drivers and the tug master....

Roberta when you saw those kingfish at the breakwall, half a kilometer of 1lb silly rig on a blackfish rod would have have been fun :1yikes::thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Great view there Jason.

I've been thinking about taking some kids landbased fishing in that area around Blues Pt park. Do you know if its anygood there or can you suggest a spot nearby?

cheers

Greg

Great view there Jason.

I've been thinking about taking some kids landbased fishing in that area around Blues Pt park. Do you know if its anygood there or can you suggest a spot nearby?

cheers

Greg

People always catch lots of leatherjackets of all the wharfs right around from Kirribilli to round to Lavender Bay, so for kids they would be a lot of fun

I see the regulars catch bream under the bridge a lot

- I hope they are only eating the ones from the Eastern side, the ones on the western side are toxic :)

I've caught heaps of kings in the boat - but never one from a jetty or wharf,

which is something I want to achieve this year

I love reading about raiders who land one from Clifton or from the wharfes around in the rocks, west of the bridge

I havent seen Yakkas caught during the day - but I'm sure they'd be there in the evening

Kids like catching anything and there are some nice spots there, give it a go

Jason

.....I see the regulars catch bream under the bridge a lot

.....I hope they are only eating the ones from the Eastern side, the ones on the western side are toxic :)

Jason

With the cost of food these days, how would you go eating 14 eastern side bream a week that will only mouth a bait on the western side of a pylon... :biggrin2:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

see any thing today.....

just got back from a swim at Neilson Park. They were busting up a few hundred meters out. Watched them for about half an hour until some boats came over which seemed to scare them. Went for another swim and when I left they were still on the surface.

Edited by eagle ray