Lion Island Salmon

Budikarn

post-10583-1256355282_thumb.jpg

post-10583-1256355325_thumb.jpg

post-10583-1256355347_thumb.jpg

G'day Raiders

About two weeks ago we were drifting off the eastern side of Lion Island.

The salmon boiled and it was on, about six boats turned up and the lures were flying.

I got a good smack on a bronze lure that my father had when I was a kid, now thats a long time ago.

My son hooked up using a silver blade, 4lb braid and his new Berkley dropshot rod. Well the rod and reel really did get a good work out. Over half an hour later he boated his salmon.

Edited by swordfisherman

nice salmon on the light gear, cant help but notice your in a stacer boat, what model is it im picking up a nomad elite at the end of november.

It's a nomad 469 with a 50 etec. love the boat really go's well, have just ordered an electric for the front.

i thought so, how long have you had it for? im getting the 449 with 50 etec, how does it go?

Only had this boat for about six months, its' 3 years old with very few hours showing on the moter meter. The live bait tank works well as long as you don't drop the fish because it's into the drink. There is a bit of spray on board in a chop but on smooth water gets along at 29knots at 5000rpm with two up