Finding Squid On The Central Coast

bunney10

Hello fellow Fishraiders

Does anyone know wher i can hook up my first squid anywhere around the Central Coast,

some people say the Haven is ok but ive never heard of anyone catching squid there

Thanks in Advance

Bunney10

Hi Bunney10

If your interested in the squid you have to try Pittwater. There are heaps of great spots and if you have a boat all the better. If your landbased try Avoca Beach or Hardy's Bay wharf and drifts along the weed there at HIGH TIDE!!!!(to minimise snags :thumbup: )

Keep fishing TOM!!!!! :thumbup::1fishing1::yahoo:

• Like 1

Hi Bunney10

If your interested in the squid you have to try Pittwater. There are heaps of great spots and if you have a boat all the better. If your landbased try Avoca Beach or Hardy's Bay wharf and drifts along the weed there at HIGH TIDE!!!!(to minimise snags :thumbup: )

Keep fishing TOM!!!!! :thumbup::1fishing1::yahoo:

Thanks Tom

Great tips and a big help for me to catch my first squid, ive not got a boat but i do have a yak

Steve

South Avoca rock produce a few squid, but like anywhere somedays they just won't bite.

Cheers mate

ill give it a go as im only in Terrigal

Thanks for the tips, very helpful and appreciated.

Steve

South Avoca rock produce a few squid, but like anywhere somedays they just won't bite.

Thanks Mercer 007

Great tips as usual,

ive read some of yours and Rays reports on fishing Avoca and as usual they are very helpful, there was a recent report on fishing the lagoon for big mullet on sp's, couold i ask where abouts on the lagoon that was only i want to catch a big mullet on fly

Thanks mate

Steve

the haven produces squid mate, either side. ive seen some massive inkers caught there.

Thanks mate ill give the Haven a bash some time soon

Cheers

Steve

• 13 years later...
On 10/27/2009 at 10:22 AM, bunney10 said:

Thanks Tom

Great tips and a big help for me to catch my first squid, ive not got a boat but i do have a yak

Steve

Cheers mate

ill give it a go as im only in Terrigal

Thanks for the tips, very helpful and appreciated.

Steve

Have caught 18 in the haven in 1 day. They exist but another of snags so close to the rocks