Fuel/water Seperator Question.

nsaykali

hi raiders, i have a mallory water/fuel seperator fitted to my Stacer, with a underfloor fuel tank.

i noticed that there was a bit of water in it, we accidently drained all the fuel out of the seperator and now it is dry.

does anyone know how to get the fuel back into the seperator and going back into the motor?

i sat there for about 10 minutes pressing the priming bulb and my hand feels like its going to fall off!

helppppppppp :1prop:

Does the filter head have a bleed screw on top? if so, you will need to undo it a couple of turns then squeeze the primer bulb to force the air out,otherwise the fuel has no where to go as to fill with fuel,you must let air out to make room for the fuel to fit!

Does the filter head have a bleed screw on top? if so, you will need to undo it a couple of turns then squeeze the primer bulb to force the air out,otherwise the fuel has no where to go as to fill with fuel,you must let air out to make room for the fuel to fit!

it has a bleed screw tap thing down the bottom, i have tried with it open and with it closed and still cant get fuel up.... hope i dont have to siphon it using my mouth! :wacko:

it has a bleed screw tap thing down the bottom, i have tried with it open and with it closed and still cant get fuel up.... hope i dont have to siphon it using my mouth! :wacko:

Hi, the fuel system should have a primer bulb and if functioning correctly use that. They work best in the vertical position with the arrow facing up.

On new boats, that have never had fuel in the system, that is how we prime the fuel system.

Cheers,

Huey.

Have you tried filling the filter with fuel before screwing it back together?

Cheers,

Bruce :beersmile:

no i havent, i will have a fiddle around with it when i get home from work.

i will run some tests as to see if the hand pump is working properly and sucking fuel out from the tank, if that fails, i will try and fill up the filter with fuel, and pump it into the motor, but im not sure if that will help, the main issue is i need to get the fuel lifting from under the floor and into the filter,

i might bypass the filter and try and get the fuel up direct and see if that works

anyone else have any ideas?

Had a seperator put on my stacer the other week, you can see if water is in the fuel because it has a clear plastic housing on the bottom and a turn screw at the bottom of the seperator to let the water out, ive been told to check it every time before i go out......best thing ive bought as i use to have water in the fuel allarms going off every 6mth or so.

Edited by snag

G'day mate,

Filling the filter element with fuel will remove about 750mls of air from the fuel system.If your primer bulb is in good nick then you should have no trouble pumping fuel,but those bulbs are designed to pump fuel not air,so it is always a good idea to remove as much air from the lines ,filter etc. before you try get suction.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Bruce :beersmile:

Edited by Bananaphobic

thanks for all the replys everyone, really appreciate it.

well i have good news, i disconnected the hand prime pump and used the good old trick of sucking on 1 end of the hose and like magic the fuel/water seperator was now full of fuel, now to get it going into the motor, i reconnected the hand prime pump back to the main hose, i then held it vertically above my head with a screwdriver pushing into the end bit (where is usually plugs into the motor) to allow the exces air out, and after about 5 pumps there was a great spray of fuel all over me.

i then plugged it back into the motor and started first go!

now all i need it some good weather so i can go out again!

:1prop: thanks again!