Loss Of Fuel Pressure

Kiwi1982

I have a 96 Johnson v4 90 hp.

I took it out on fri and sat, and i had a problem

After starting it up on sat am fine, 10 minutes later turn it on to move and it would not start

i check the priming value and it was not hard and re prime it, but it would not start. I was thinking i had flood it so i left for 1 hr and then it work fine, but i notice that avo the priming value was losing pressure.

On the way back i had my gf re priming the pulp once then the engine res drop and it went dead in 2 sec.

And then it would not start even that i re prime the fuel line, so i left for 1 hour and I got it started and

got home.

I am going to replace the fuel line and conections.

Do i have just a problem with a leak fuel line or some thing in the engine or both.

Also when it dont start on the way back when the engine died why would it not start for a hr, i tried a few times.

Hi, you can bench test your VRO /OMS unit easily to determine if that has a problem, but I doubt you could do that at home. Easiest thing you can do at home is as mentioned, replace the primer bulb with a good quality one and check the fuel system for leaks, both fuel, which is easy to see or more importantly air leaks.

Cheers,

Huey.

i had the same problem and got sick to death with it a visit to hewit and craig replaced the bulb, lines and seviced the pump and problem solved

a few off the conections are hard to get to on the motor and at the end off the day all i wont to do is go fishing not stuff around with motors

i'm now trolling the gap again with no worrys about motor stalling

cherrs gary