Busy Busy Busy - But Well Worth It!

Tackle Junkie

Hi Guys,

It's been a while between posts - have been really flat out working (which fortunately involves travelling).

I had not had a day off in a while so in Darwin a couple of weeks ago i took some time out for myself.

I have to say that this was some of the best fishing that I have had - I planned for the trip and brought my own gear which made it all the more fun.

I really had fun on this trip as I decided to go bait free and try out some of the things that I waste all my money on.

First drop - drop day one 30 seconds into the start of fishing (snip!!) - lost a shimano jig to mackeral - oh well $25 gone but at least the lure got hit.

I have never really used soft plastics and persisted with them - I am so glad I did!! I tied on a plastic and cast out into a dead flat ocean 120miles offshore from Darwin - it felt fishy so I thought what the hell.

30 seconds later I thought that i snagged the bottom.....?......no cant be the lure is not deep enough....?....a few more tugs and then all hell broke loose - he realised he was hooked - 50minutes later I was satified - shaking but satisfied!!!

I will let the pictures speak for themselves - lets just say that i won't be rushing to use big heavy gear and big lumps of bait in the future.

All the fish were caught on soft plastics .... I am now converted.

I brought three rods to the trip. and I ended up fishing the lightest rod all trip - the very first fish I caught within the first two drops was a cracker - i figured that if i can catch that why go heavier. I was using a shimano saragosa 5000 on a 5kg Shimano tournament 7' foot rod + 20lb Braid.

The fishing was from Darwin down towards the Peron Islands and i won't forget it in a hurry as conditions were better than perfect all trip (even if it was a bit hot).

These are some of the highlights!!

post-6714-1256626210_thumb.jpg

post-6714-1256626240_thumb.jpg

post-6714-1256626252_thumb.jpg

post-6714-1256626270_thumb.jpg

post-6714-1256626281_thumb.jpg

post-6714-1256626295_thumb.jpg

post-6714-1256626348_thumb.jpg

post-6714-1256626322_thumb.jpg

post-6714-1256626331_thumb.jpg

great fish TJ.sounds like you had a awsome trip mate :thumbup: thats a cracker cobe you landed on your lightest outfit,good work mate.what did it weigh?love the fingermark/golden snapper,whatever they call them up there.iv heard theyr 1 of the best fish to munch on up that way.never ate 1 b4 but hope to target,hook,land,then cook it up 1 day.yummo!

congrats on the top fish TJ. :thumbup:

:beersmile: cheers johnny. :thumbup::1fishing1: