My Son's First Jew

kiwi waynie

This has got to be my proudest report ever. We Got to Parsely bay in the early hours and meet up with Sea Rabbit who was coming back in from an all nighter, gave him a hand to retrive and had a look at his catch. there in the chilly bin a nice jewie of 78cm, Jim says gee dad hope we get one like that. Oh dont think we'll get that lucky i reply. Then it was see ya mate and we headed to Gunya to start our sp sesh. A slow start with only one missed hit on my killer tomato Squidgy shad and not a one for Jim on a pogy, a bit of weed there after the rain too so we headed over to the flats between Woby and Juno.

PICT1998.jpg

Back into the mission and a few casts in Jims 1ooo shimano is holwling and he is conected to somthing huge, he would have fought this thing for 15minuites before had said had couldn't handle any more and i took over. This thing was BIG and would seem to stop now and agian like a ray (do they eat sp's), eventualy the hook pulled (witch made me think not a ray). After that i changed to a gulp 6" shad in salt n pepper and results were immedeate with 6 flattys in the next few hours for 1 keeper while lil mate remained fishless and was starting to get quite whingey. The NE wind had sprung up so tried baits at woby for three eels. Had a look around the bay on the other side of the river only to had the depth sounder play up. So bugger this over to Dangar island where i had a spot in mind where i didnt need the sounder (what do ya know it starts workin any way). One last shot as the tide turns, jim still had his 1/4 ounce jig head so i cut him a squid strip and he lost a couple of baits, i cut a strip like we do for jew and like all good reports,,,,,zzzzzZZZzzzzzZZZzzzzZZZZZZZ I passed it to Jim and thought wooh what have i just handed him. Well he kept his cool and with a bit of lift n wind and don't high stick he putup a good 10 minuite fight only to see the leader knot disapper again and again, with ripped arms the fish had a big lunge where i saw silver and Jim near lost his footing. so he handed over to me so close only three long lifts and out from under the boat it slid. With a bit of a shuffle of the net to squeze most of it in, then dumped his 87cm first jew on his lap. Well high fives hugs n wooo hoo! 87CM 5KG ON 3KG BRAID AND 12LB LEADER UNBELIVEABLE!!! AND ONLY JUST TURNED 8

PICT2002.jpg

One happy FISHERMAN (he can definatly call him self that now). After that nice bream that looked so small

PICT2007.jpgPICT2006.jpg

And we called it a very very good day, back at the ramp he made sure everybody saw it and do ya blame him.

PICT2016.jpg

Thank for reading my long post.

Lata Raidaz

Waynie And JEWIE JIM.

Edited by kiwi waynie

wow thats a great lookin jew there Jim well done the smile says it all. Atleast now u can finally teach your old kiwi dad how to catch them cause he has no idea at all ..... well done jim

cheers john

p.s sorry wayno all credits to jim [ lol ]

SWEET!

Great catch matey, I remember my first jewie at the tender age of 9, but it surely wasnt 5kg

more like 1kg (but that was nearly 30years ago).

My first 5kg model was nailed when I was 11yo

Fantastic fish and good on ya for taking him out and letting him have a day off school

:beersmile:

Edited by jewiehaven

thats a sensational acheivment for a young kid! i was well into my twenties before I caught a jew anywhere near that size. great stuff! you will remember catching that fish for the rest of your life.

pete.

p.s. love the rod in the gob shot!

Edited by tide'n'knots

Hi Raiaders (dads Posting),

Thanks For the replys, Dad reads em to me. I've got my first set of jewels, and i hope you get one too.

Jewie Jim.

ps: (kiwi waynie aka dad) so glad he did'nt crack a big bass first otherwise it might have been Bassey Bas#@&). Thanks for the replys they have meant heaps to him, he cant wait to post as Jewie Jim

congrats :) at 8years old you he's beaten me i've yet to catch a jew :( ive caught some monster kingies in the harbour, but no jew, hell i've went hawksbury rigged up a small rod for my cousin on my boat (5lb line) baited it casted it and the minute i passed the rod to him he caught a jew :/ that happened twice ...

so good stuff lil man :)