Hard Bodies

Luke K

Good evening all,

With summer approaching I thought it was about time to start a new era in my personal fishing experience. I really want to have more success on HB's. I must admitt I'm addicted to plastics and so HB's have never been given the chance they deserve. I've had a fair bit of success with catching bass on HB's but never really exploited the saltwater opportunities such as bream, whiting and flathead. Last thursday I went down to my local tackle store purchased $250 worth :1yikes: . Ouch. That got me about 12 lures. I thought a combo of sammys, nw pencils and chubbys should do the trick. I fished the harbour on saturday morning. using nw 52's I nailed 2 bream in about a foot of water. Although the fish were very far and few between, it was a good learning experience. Then on sunday arvo I fished the hacking for about 2.5hrs with very little success unitl the last 20minutes of the session. There a were a few kisses here and there and a splash or two but unfortunatley no committments, but that was probably to do with my inexperience with this type of fishing. Anyway, in the last half hour or so I found a little tributary surrounded by some large mangroves and about 6 inches of water. I noticed a couple of Ibis sitting in one of the mangrove trees and then one of them decided to deficate or provide burley as I like to put it. So I threw a cast deep within the mangroves and skipped the nw pencil back toward the burley. Then out of nowhere, smash, my reel starts singing as this unknown quantity begins to head for cover. I loosened the drag a little and immediately the fish changed direction and came out into the open a few more short bursts and I had this sucker in the net. What a thrill.

post-8603-1257155774_thumb.jpg

post-8603-1257155800_thumb.jpg

This breambo went 37cm and new P.B for HB's :yahoo:

I think I have a new addiction.

A quick thanks to Roberta and Tristan for there tips in there recent report in Forster.

Regards

Luke

Hey mako thanks for your reply.

Definately worth getting some of those HB's

I'd love to share my plastics knowledge with you Jenno.

You let me know where and when and I'll be there.

Would be great to meet another raider and learn some more about HB's.

Hey mako thanks for your reply.

Definately worth getting some of those HB's

I'd love to share my plastics knowledge with you Jenno.

You let me know where and when and I'll be there.

Would be great to meet another raider and learn some more about HB's.

Hi mate, my name is James and I would love to go out for a fish with you sometime in sydney harbour, i also love meeting new raiders, and have already made a few good friends through the site.

If you'd like to meet up and go for a fish sometime i'd be more than happy to take you out :)

I have a 12ft tinny with an old evinrude 15, but my dad's got a bigger boat which i could probably take out some time. I recently spent about 150 bucks on packets of plastics, but would like somebody with some knowledge to show me how to use them better. I'm having some success but not as much as i would like. I am also just starting to get into the hardbody scene.

PM me if you're interested?

Cheers,

James

Well Luderick Luke I think you hit one thing right on the head and that was this "Then out of nowhere, smash" One of the major differences between plastics and HB,s and if your lucky you still will have some of that 250 worth in your tackle box in lots of years time, I very much doubt that USED plastic will do that.