Little Head!

daeheeyang

Hi raiders,

went to the little head today. I checked wave height, wave period and wind.... it is a windy day but I wave was not high so, decided to go to the little head this monrning.

firstly, I were fishing with running rig to catch any fish on the bottom of reef.... had no luck at all! it was a bit lucky that I met a rocking fishing experts and he suggested me to do float fishing. actually I caught my first drummer last sunday by float fishing at Redhead. ok... I trusted him and changed my rig and casted about 10 metres. snap! I caught something! soon as landed, I found that I caught my second drummer! have not measured but I think it is about 32cm! I was wondering if there is any luck today more but, that's it... I caught a few little blue eye cod after but too small to bring it home!

next time, I will start with float fishing to see if there is my luck.

regards,

daehee

post-8960-1257251846_thumb.jpg

ps) does any one win this year Melbourne Cup? if you won, congratuation!

Hi raiders,

went to the little head today. I checked wave height, wave period and wind.... it is a windy day but I wave was not high so, decided to go to the little head this monrning.

firstly, I were fishing with running rig to catch any fish on the bottom of reef.... had no luck at all! it was a bit lucky that I met a rocking fishing experts and he suggested me to do float fishing. actually I caught my first drummer last sunday by float fishing at Redhead. ok... I trusted him and changed my rig and casted about 10 metres. snap! I caught something! soon as landed, I found that I caught my second drummer! have not measured but I think it is about 32cm! I was wondering if there is any luck today more but, that's it... I caught a few little blue eye cod after but too small to bring it home!

regards,

daehee

That was a nice catch. What bait did you use mate?

Cheers,

Andy

well done and that's a nice reward for your perseverance. drummer are quite easy to catch if you know a good spot. just berley with bread to get them on a feeding frenzy, 2hrs before or after high tide is good, use prawns as bait and you'll have good fun. i find float fishing on light gear so much fun to catch them. i normally use 20lb line but anything from 15lb to 25lb should do the trick. one of my best fish to catch and to eat. however, as u're new to rock fishing, just be careful. yesterday was an exceptional day when the swell was less than 0.5m. normally with float flishing for drummer, u have to stand pretty much at the edge of the rock platform and 80% of the time u're watching your float. in a big swell day, float fishing for drummer can be dangerous. so, be careful.

cheers

bertrand

That was a nice catch. What bait did you use mate?

Cheers,

Andy

hi Andy,

I only used very poor quality prawns but other fishers berley up around where I were fishing so, I just had bit of luck!

I think bread will be good thing to berley before you start fishing

cheers,

daehee

actually bread itself works very nicely!

i've caught luderick, trevs, silver drummer and bream. got a kingy to take a sniff at the bread but didn't want it.

bread is a versatile bait and doesn't smell. also if you feel a but hungry, eat the crusts as you only what the white bits.

heres a tip, give a fish to the baker and they might give a loaf of bread away. my baker usually gives me couple loaves of day old bread

Hi raiders,

regards,

daehee

hi, where is little head???