Friday 6th Nov Sydney Harbour

austwave

Hernia op on Monday so no lifting for a couple of months.

So decided to go for a fish this morning, as it may be a while before we get out again.

Because our regular ramp at Fivedock is closed for an upgrade, decided to travel to Rose bay to launch.

Will probably use this ramp a bit more for my mid week outings, toilets and parking good, wharf access so I didn't get my feet wet. Saved 1/2 hour steaming also.

We were barely out of Rose bay, when we encountered a flock of seagulls paying particular attention to some water activity . Decided to investigate, shot a blade into the action to see what was making all the fuss, my mate pulled out a nice size tailor and there is a Tailor running around with a Strike Pro blade hanging out his gob. :ranting2:

Changed to metal slices as the are cheaper, got a few for a feed.

Went for a troll around up middle Harbour to no avail, bobbed around inside North head for a bit, not much happenin there and it was a bit rough also.

Decided to come back inside and chase the surface action, found the birds working and the water boiling in taylors bay, masses of tiny bait fish in the water, the Salmon were oll over them, very fussy though, and quite skittish my mate managed 2 on his bream stick on 2"pumpkinseed power minnows, and they gave him some stick.

I got a PB Trevally on same plastic at 1.8kg and 53.5cm

Had a lot of fun and great day of very visual fishing

post-6647-1257485657_thumb.jpg

Edited by Austwave