Pittwater

adjustedpete

Went out yesterday with my oldest boy for a quick session. Launched from bayview at around 11. Pittwater was really nice so decided to head around to flint and steel for a flattie. Bad idea, as soon as I turned the west head corner the wind and swell were up, and I mean UP. I needed shelter so I thought I would go into patonga creek. After stopping for a feed of fish and chips at patonga (best in town) went into the creek. Rerigged my abu workhorse, I had been using it for the tailor a few days ago, and dropped a chunk of pillie on. The tide had just turned and was running out, perfect. Put my rod into a holder and started to eat. What a mistake!!, I didnt even get 2 chips into my mouth before the rod just buckled over and the reel was screaming. I managed to get the rod out of the holder just feel a couple of head shakes and gone. :mad3: Rerigged and sent it out again, chips now forgotten. Did 2 drifts for 2 nice flatties, 1 each, both caught on pillies. Well, that was dinner so decided to pull the pin knowing it was gonna be a long rough haul home. Got back to pittwater much later and what do I see ......Tailor boiling everywhere. Ahhhh, a chance to teach my son how to use lures and slices. Rerigged the abu again with a small slice ( see the trend here)(note to self, need more fishing gear). Then I let him loose :074::074: You just had to be there. He nearly threw himself off the boat in his eagerness to cast into them. A quick lesson and he was away. he smashed 14 before I dragged him away. You couldnt get the smile off his face and he wouldnt shutup. So being the great dad I am, I made him buy the beer on the way home. What a day, 1 to remember. Heres a photo of the flatties and 1 of the tailor. The tailor were all about the same sizepost-2999-1257542880_thumb.jpg