Blackfish Spots Along The Georges River

paul smith

Hi fellow blackie fishos,

Over the last few weeks i have begun to get back into fishing for blackies & would like like some advice

on some good spots along the georges river. I have fished lambeth reserve off the jetty a few times

with mixed success using a weed fly after burlying up first using kelso weed . I was down there last sunday fishing the start of a run out tide using my olive coloured weed fly. After a few light down touches from smaller fish my float was suddenly dragged under & shot sideways & I new I was onto something decent. I set the hook & all hell broke loose. when I finaly got the blackie to the surface it was thumper, luckly a fellow fisho had a landing net as i had forgotten mine. The fish measured 35cm. I have only just recently joined fisheraider after fishing with & talking to a member when fishing one sunday about 3 weeks ago at lambeth. To our supprise we both found out we had the same surname, Smith. His first name was Chris. If some members could put me onto some other great spots along the georges river & tides to fish would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

The Royal Prawn

G'day Paul, welcome to Fishraider mate!! :1welcomeani: Glad to see that you've joined this fantastic site.

The Fishraider community is a wealth of knowledge and information, I'm sure there are plenty of memeber out there who can offer some great advice on Blackfish spots along the Georges. All that'll be asked in return is your stories and some pics of your exploits.

I'll send you a PM (see the New Messages link at the top right of the page).

Cheers,

Smitty...

:1welcomeani: to raider mate.

There are plenty of blackie spots in the georges. Pretty much anywhere where there is a rocky foreshore, but some of the favourites are blackbutt, mickey's point, the pylons at captain cook bridge, anywhere along the moons. Doesnt really matter where you go, just look for a the water to eddy & you should get on to some

:1fishing1: