Lunker Bass

Bream Mad

Light Rain was falling as I ventured upstream into uncharted waters armed with my new custom baitcaster.

I wanted to fish fresh pools so walked a fair way before making my first cast with an evergreen plastic weedless frog. Over weedbeds, under trees the Bass were pretty hesitant to hit the surface. Usually just one sloppy shot and nothing more.

Upstream I trudged, tied on a CK40 and soon had my first fish, just a dink but better than nothing.

A quick snack and another lure change to a secret creek spinnerbait did the trick, very next pool this nice 40cm fish climbed on and tried out the Alphas drag :thumbup:

post-2475-1257759078_thumb.jpg

The next few weedy pools were perfect for a spinnerbait and each had their own feisty bass ready to slam it

I pitch out another cast between two weed beds, let the spinnerbait sink down, and begin a slow retrieve when BAM it is hammered by a lunker!

After a guided tour of each snag in the pool and some serious rod bending, she is finally tired enough for a pic or two before release. A beautiful wild Bass of exactly 45cm in top condition. :yahoo:

post-2475-1257759103_thumb.jpg

they are a couple of great fish there mate great stuff! There is something very special about catching bass in remote places, many years ago i caught some beauties right up in the grose river, the hike in and out would kill me today :074: but i will never forget the tranquility and the bass smashing a surface lure! oh yeah! gotta love it!

congrats on a cracker fish.

pete.

Good Fish...... and a great looking outfit

Squizy

It is a nice outfit, in fact it is my favourite and it was built for exactly this purpose.

The blank is an ATC IC601 (2-5kg XFast, High Modulus Graphite). Components include Fuji ACS seat and Titanium Framed SIC guides. Flor grade cork rings and gunmetal and gold windings.

Which matches perfectly my Daiwa Alphas Type R. The whole combo weighs just 260grams and will cast lures down to 4grams beautifully.

I am still getting the hang of baitcasting and birdnests are common with the magforce switched off (which is the way I like to pitch lures), but overall it is simply a joy to use.

Cheers

bm