Wisemans Ferry Flatties

tide'n'knots

hi raiders,

what a beautiful day to be on the water today and caught some fish just for good measure!

fished wisemans ferry again today and bought home 7 flathead the largest going 57cm oh yeah!

there were quite a few around but most of them were just under size, I released 5 and dropped another 6 that never hooked up properly and only had most of them for a couple of seconds. One gave a very distinct head shake just as I hooked up and threw the hook so i am not sure if it was a real good lizard or a school jew. I tried quite a few spots around rocky shorelines with blades and smaller soft plastics for bream but couldnt get 1 to save my life however all was not in vain as the big flattie engulfed the blade right up hard against a rocky shore! I would have liked to release the bigger one but she swallowed the blade right down and damaged her gills getting it out.

Most of the fish were caught on gulp minnows in a watermelon pearl or smelt colour but later in the day i caught some on 3inch lime tiger worms.

pete

post-8689-1257834515_thumb.jpg

Nice work Pete, Wisemans seems to be firing up at the moment. I had a couple of mates tell me they caught a few flatties on the weekend too!

gday tan, there are certainly plenty of flathead around in the hawkesbury ATM. Unfortunately not much else!

I have heard some reports of some jew being caught on herring but personally I have only got 1 legal jew and 2 legal bream in the last month on bait or soft plastics, but heaps of lizards!

pete.

Another great session Pete. Blades are accounting for more and more fish species and numbers, and are a handy tool for exploring the entire water column if need be. Keep the reports coming, mate. The XOS jewy must be just around the corner :biggrin2:

Cheers

Hodgey

Good work Pete!

Good to see someone having some success with the Sps.

Been thashing the Georges whenever I can with not much success... SPs and blades,,,

Maybe If Stewy sees this he'll volunteer to hook up one day and give this poor old duffer some tips!

Cheers

Chris