Pittwater Saturday 14th

Young Gun

Hi raiders :biggrin2:

Me and a few mates are heading out in pittwater this weekend in my boat conditions look great. I was just wondering if anyone has been out there in the last few days and could shed a little bit of light on the current situation. Ive heard about tailor smashing the surface around stokes point and the occasional king school but thats about it. Or if anyone is heading out in pittwater this Saturday morning for a fish.

Cheers guys YG :1fishing1::beersmile:

quote name='Young Gun' date='Nov 12 2009, 08:36 PM' post='330101']

Hi raiders :biggrin2:

Me and a few mates are heading out in pittwater this weekend in my boat conditions look great. I was just wondering if anyone has been out there in the last few days and could shed a little bit of light on the current situation. Ive heard about tailor smashing the surface around stokes point and the occasional king school but thats about it. Or if anyone is heading out in pittwater this Saturday morning for a fish.

Cheers guys YG :1fishing1::beersmile:

Hiya Young Gun,

First post here so g'day to all..

Was in the pittwater last Sunday, came across a school of Tailor feeding on the surface between towlers bay and careel bay. Ended up with a nice little catch.

Good luck this weekend!! :thumbup:

post-11831-1258024015_thumb.jpg[

ill be out Saturday in pittwater and out sunday at long reef

there's massive tailor schools around

still sambos around but not as many

and ofcourse the kings are around but they are too well fed inside pittwater

have much better luck outside chasing them

Edited by Framedtrash

ill be out Saturday in pittwater and out sunday at long reef

there's massive tailor schools around

still sambos around but not as many

and ofcourse the kings are around but they are too well fed inside pittwater

have much better luck outside chasing them

I'm with you, it looks like sunday is the day to go outside, i should be heading to Longreef Sunday and just have a lazy day in pittwater on Saturday.

Good luck to all , and maybe see you out there!

Dave

Saw tiny baitfish jumping around near Juno point yesterday. First cast with a blade was onto one as soon as it hit the water. And I mean first cast with a blade ever. We didn't bother chasing them around - but the tailor are there.

Saw tiny baitfish jumping around near Juno point yesterday. First cast with a blade was onto one as soon as it hit the water. And I mean first cast with a blade ever. We didn't bother chasing them around - but the tailor are there.

blades are an expensive way to catch tailor, just use a metal slice!

Yeah guys was a great day in pitty, got over 30 legal tailor Friday night but only kept 11 for a few mates and myself. Headed out again today and was lucky to get into the tailor again this morning, but all went back to live another day. Headed out and got a very nice selection of live bait - Squid, Garfish and Yakkas. They went down to the depths and the kingies were pretty shy but managed a nice 69cm one also a lot of good bream and flathead about which is a great sign that pittwater is warning up :thumbup: . All in all a great day, did anyone else have any luck in pittwater today?

Cheers YG :1fishing1::beersmile:

Edited by Young Gun

Is it true that quite often where there are tailor the jewies are under them? I have experienced this twice, both times in the Pittwater around Mackerel and the Basin. Jewies as a by-catch.

Others thoughts?

Tuffy.

Haha yeah mate the ones vinksy posted were divided between 3 of us, pointless taking more than you can eat... just a waste. Headed out yesterday again and caught 30 off but all were released. Good fun and they will be there for next time.

YG :1fishing1: