Prawning Lake Illawarra

pike

I went down late afternoon and arrived about 6-45 the tide was still coming in (plenty of time to get setup), there was a few boats already set up but no one in my spot thank god.

All set and ready to start but still day light and tide coming in, good time for a beer. I started flicking a crome spinner just catching little choppers fun for a while but after about an hour of getting one after the other i lost interest, more beer.

My mate breno arrived just as i turned on the lights and the incoming tide slowed, there were a few prawns just hanging above the weed (good sign). As breno set up the tide turned and the few prawns that were there dissapered, more waiting.

After about an hour of the run out and the prawns charged at the same time my mate mark showed up (late as usual) the prawns were coming thick and fast and they were huge.

post-11419-1258373984_thumb.jpg

At about 2:00am everyones arms were about to fall off so we headed back to the ramp and went home.

The next morning we weighed and cooked the prawns and we all ended up with about 3-4 kilo's each of the tastiest prawns ever.

post-11419-1258374059_thumb.jpg

post-11419-1258375061_thumb.jpg

Corriander,ginger and shallotts cut super fine in a light soy sauce makes a cracking dipping sauce for still warm steamed prawns. Can't wait for midnight yumcha tomorrow night looking at haul!

Lucky buggers!

Greg

Corriander,ginger and shallotts cut super fine in a light soy sauce makes a cracking dipping sauce for still warm steamed prawns. Can't wait for midnight yumcha tomorrow night looking at haul!

Lucky buggers!

Greg

ill give it a try sounds tasty

thanks mate

jay