Cooking Tip

bullfrog

I have just attended a BBQ cooking course at the Sydney Fish markets (birthday present from the wife & kids), and picked up a useful tip.

When cooking fish in aluminium foil on the BBQ (also apparently the foil should be shiny side up so the heat is not reflected), place a sheet of baking paper on top of the foil before adding the fish & wrapping it up. This stops the fish sticking to the foil and helps retain the juices.

Thought I'd share this with you all.

Cheers,

great tip :) last time i done a fish on the bbq i said i wouldnt ever do it again because half my fish had foil stuck to it and when taken off lost alot of fish :(

:074: your not the only one, I now coat the hot plate with oil, cook the fish for 3 min each side But I have good Spatula a bit like a BIG scraper which gets under the fish with breaking up and turn it over nicley :)

I have just attended a BBQ cooking course at the Sydney Fish markets (birthday present from the wife & kids), and picked up a useful tip.

When cooking fish in aluminium foil on the BBQ (also apparently the foil should be shiny side up so the heat is not reflected), place a sheet of baking paper on top of the foil before adding the fish & wrapping it up. This stops the fish sticking to the foil and helps retain the juices.

Thought I'd share this with you all.

Cheers,

Instead of using baking paper you can use banana leaves, it will provide you a nice flavour.

Cheers,

Andy