Botany Bay Wednesday 18th Nov

jim bream

Hi everyone

First fishing trip this season. The target was bream but we only managed to get 4, 2 tarwine, 8 whiting, one flathead, and 8 tailor the didnt quite make it into the boat. As soon as we brought them up they'd bite the line off. There was no intention to fish for these pests. I found it very tough to find the bream, maybe due to the bait i was using which was a squirt worm and in previous occasions i have never done good with this bait, thats all i could get from the bait shop. They had no blood worm which was a big dissapointment :thumbdown:. All fish were caught off the dredging at kurnell. The water temperature at lower parts of the bay was 21 degrees and at kurnell it was 19. This also could have been a factor. Anyway there was some great whiting in the catches, most of them over 35cm and one 45cm+, which was a good buzz. A good day all in all, beats work and great days still to come.

Cheers Jim Bream

post-6195-1258610639_thumb.jpg

post-6195-1258610651_thumb.jpg

post-6195-1258610665_thumb.jpg

great feed of fish JB,dont you pump your own bloodworms mate?iv never bought worms,iv always pumped bloodworms.my old man use to take me pumping worms before we went chasing bream in the georges river[warwick farm] over 15yrs ago.now when i wana use the bloodworms,i pump them myself[in a different spot to 15yrs ago] in warwick farm & get plenty nice worms enough for a session in around 30mins.theyr a top bait for bream & whiting arent they,for any estuary fish really!

:beersmile: cheers johnny. :thumbup:

Something for the frypan is always a bonus!

A pretty big fry pan would be needed for that lot going on how very slow the fishing was described :1yikes: Jim, by the look of all those fish, you would need a whole shipping container of fry pans delivered to your place just for the next session you have that's even below average :D

Looks like messing up the area has livened things up as expected by some and also it's good to see Tarwine back at Kurnell.... they are under estimated as being one of the tastiest fish and the schools have been generally missing from our neck of the woods for the best part of a couple of years now..

Good fishing Jim :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Yiasoo Jimmy,

Long time no hear from you. That's a lovely bunch of coconuts - er... I mean whiting.

I imagine the whiting would be around mainly before sunrise, would that be right?

Where did you get bitten off by the pests? Did you burley to get other fish around and got the tailor instead? What bait did they take? They won't take the worms....

Yiasoo Jimmy,

Long time no hear from you. That's a lovely bunch of coconuts - er... I mean whiting.

I imagine the whiting would be around mainly before sunrise, would that be right?

Where did you get bitten off by the pests? Did you burley to get other fish around and got the tailor instead? What bait did they take? They won't take the worms....

Hi Keflapod

You can always tell how the days going to be from when you drop the line in at towra. If towra does not produce any bream, with the first or second burley, expect to do it tough. I said it was slow because i tried 8 different spots within an area. With produced roughly 2 fish a spot. The whiting were caught after sunrise, because i was in the water about 6. I only had tube worms so thats the only bait i used. Everything was caught on tube worms, and yes the tailor was caught on tube worms aswell but i kept loosing my hooks, I had no interest in the tailor what so ever. A few friends of mine did it tough in previous days aswell.

Cheers Jim Bream.