Trinidad

b4nd1t

hey guys i have recently come across a trinidad dc30 and a shimano tiralejo 13 ft rod at mates rates shall i say..i have been getting some nice casts with the trinidad but just out of curiosity would like to know how far someone that is highly experinced with overhead reels would be able to cast..currently i am gettin around the 60-70metre range with the odd one goin around 80..so yeh just wonderin how far i should b able to cast as i practice more. cheers b4nd1t :beersmile:

I have the Trinidad 16 and 30 (not DC models). I haven't tried casting with the 30 model but I think it is a little big for long distance casting. The 16 casts well, but perhaps not quite as far as other oveheads. I think that the spool is quite heavy (being mainly a jigging reel) and even the 16 needs a bit of weight to get going. A good overhead casting set up should see you cracking a 100m. You will need a fair sized lead and an aerodynamic rig of course. If you look at some of the distance casting sites from overseas they are using reels like the ABU 6500, Diawa 7ht, etc which are much smaller than your Trinidad 30.

hey guys i have recently come across a trinidad dc30 and a shimano tiralejo 13 ft rod at mates rates shall i say..i have been getting some nice casts with the trinidad but just out of curiosity would like to know how far someone that is highly experinced with overhead reels would be able to cast..currently i am gettin around the 60-70metre range with the odd one goin around 80..so yeh just wonderin how far i should b able to cast as i practice more. cheers b4nd1t :beersmile:

thas all you need cast to spin up fish off the rocks ,a little work and you should cast 100 yards with no troubles .

how far can you cast with a good 13 foot rod and a over head , my PB is 252 mts with 125 grams , the best in the world casts just over 306 yards . casting with weigths of 125 and 150 grams ,most will cast the ligther weigts futher than the heavey ones ,you can move faster with the ligther with less strength .its not as much the gear, it the technique and timing thats loads the rod

252 meters jesus christ thats huge matei got a 20dc and a 11ft rod im getting about 70 to 80 at the moment only just started using an overhead a couple of months back so still refining my technique. what distance should i be aiming for with a 20dc and a 11ft rod casting 85g lures

cheers f1sh3rm4n

Distance is not a problem with a Shimano Tiralejo 1300HC, it is capable of over 200m when used with an Abu 5500 or 6500, using 3 or 4 ounces.

Gary