Dolls Point 22/11/09

Hey Raiders,

Picked up a zx 30 a couple of weeks ago (I guess like most of us I'm as susceptible as anyone to a shiny new thing) and had a few casts with it last week and caught a small flathead and a flounder(!) so I decided to keep my favourite softies in the backpack this morning and go with the blade.

I'm glad I did - maybe it was just beginner's luck, but inside 80 minutes I had two nice flathead and a trevally in the bag and had released another smaller flathead. I was using a retrieve with two short flicks and a pause trying to imitate a fleeing prawn. Both the flatheads (the largest was 50cm) hit the lure right on the pause.

The single hooks were very effective - both penetrated the mouths of all three catches. They're expensive (mine cost $21) and the hooks appear to be attached to the lure with a nylon-type substance, so it'll be interesting to see how well that wears. But if continue to get results like this morning I reckon it'll repay the cost easily.

Cheers

post-8442-1258867315_thumb.jpg

post-8442-1258867345_thumb.jpg

Frankie,

I found them on the net and had one delivered with some new SX60s...looking to try them out tomorrow.

Jenno,

Be sure to let us know how you go with them.

Cheers

I'm at it again - asking questions "fishing for information"! :fisher:

what is a zx30? if it is a rod what sort as I would like to try lure fishing & try my luck. :thumbup:

Dusky,

The zx30 is the lure in the photo above.

Cheers

Frankie,

Tried the VX35 out while I was trolling HBs. Got heaps of hits bust mostly little reds and whiting. It definitely attracted attention. I also got a 97cm flatty on a HB so it was a good day. When I got home, I noticed that one of the hooks had disappeared....any trouble like this at your end? I don't know whether to replace one with a tiny treble?

Frankie,

Tried the VX35 out while I was trolling HBs. Got heaps of hits bust mostly little reds and whiting. It definitely attracted attention. I also got a 97cm flatty on a HB so it was a good day. When I got home, I noticed that one of the hooks had disappeared....any trouble like this at your end? I don't know whether to replace one with a tiny treble?

Jenno,

No, mine still holding together okay, but I was wondering how resilient the connection was between the hook and lure. I got a nice trevally with mine against last weekend and it held together okay.

Cheers