Narra Flatties

mrmoshe

Had an order for a feed of flatties from the relos, so went to at Narrabeen Lagoon early this morning

and they were on the chew bigtime. :thumbup:

Just used live poddies and hit the dropoffs opposite the caravan park

and managed 6 flatties..kept (biggest 54), 4 keeper bream..all released,

2 tailor, also let go, one flounder (kept) and four whopping stinky pike! :ranting2:

They sure go well on light gear but shred your leader something awful. The biggest today was just over a metre. They are growing at an alarming rate!

I left 'em biting at 1030 , then got back to the car to find I'd locked the keys in my car Grrr. :ranting2:

I love 2 1/2 hour sessions like that :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Pete.

post-1685-1259127406_thumb.jpg

Edited by MallacootaPete

A good morning's work there fella!!

Might have to give the lake a hit again some time soon now it's a bit warmer for wading :)

Was that fished from boat/yak? I've fished those drop-offs a few times with plastics and thought that livies would go down well there, but have never figured out how to transport my livies out whilst wading :)

Was that fished from boat/yak? I've fished those drop-offs a few times with plastics and thought that livies would go down well there, but have never figured out how to transport my livies out whilst wading :)

Wading Paul..only up to your knees so easy wading over the weedbeds and dropoffs.

I use a bait bucket with a belt and just keep refreshing the water every 10 mins or so.

Holds enough livies I've found.

Yeah guys..it's great to be back on the lake..it sure is looking great down there

this year and the flatties are only just warming up.

Thinking of doing a repeat session same time tomorrow morning.

I saw a bloke pull a 101cm model out there last week. Nice fish.

Off to grill some FF now.. :yahoo:

Cheers,

Pete.

Wading Paul..only up to your knees so easy wading over the weedbeds and dropoffs.

I use a bait bucket with a belt and just keep refreshing the water every 10 mins or so.

Holds enough livies I've found.

Bucket & a belt! Seems so simple when you say it but I never thought of that :) Thanks for the tip!

I had a couple of great sessions wading there last summer fishing the run in for tailor, bream, & whiting. It's easy wading as you say, as long as you keep an eye on the water level. Almost got caught out a couple of times with my phone and car key blipper in my pocket and an ever deepening walk back :)