5m Centre Console

Kruzenvax

Hi all,

If I'm to buy a 4.9-5m centre console boat designed for fishing - would are my options? Aluminum or fiberglass - looking for the max. toughness and sea abilities for the size. I was looking at Tabs, Trailcraft - but it looks like these are no longer avaliable...

Thanks

GLASS is the only way to go for offshore.

Seafarer Vamp 5m rated to 90hp.

CSG on Raider has one, cool boat and can fish 3 up no probs.

Caught my first snapper on plastics in that boat and a few more esky loads to!

He's got a leccy on it to so you can go breaming or we used it out snappering when it was dead calm to create our own drifts, sneaky!

Greg

Could also consider plastic, we have a Triumph 170CC, its a good boat and its tough as hell, watch their videos it takes a hell of a lot to damage these boats in any way.

The one thing that does put me off it a bit when using it are the very low sides, which make it a good estuary boat but once you're through the heads you start to struggle a bit.

Cheers

Josh

........He's got a leccy on it to so you can go breaming or we used it out snappering when it was dead calm to create our own drifts, sneaky!

Greg

Hi Kruzenvax If you want a good boat to do places like longreef in a breeze have a look at Stacer's new open consoles, they're really good fishing boats mate..

By the way, Greg I like the sound of using an electric and sneeking around calm water outside, very sneeky alright, good little trick mate :D

How's this sound Kruzenvax, if you like the Stacer- just add an electric and you're in business :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

I love my electric! In addtion to "sneakiness" it adds some safety. If something goes wrong 80lb leccy is much better than oars... which I do not have to carry onobard anymore!

Hi Kruzenvax If you want a good boat to do places like longreef in a breeze have a look at Stacer's new open consoles, they're really good fishing boats mate..

By the way, Greg I like the sound of using an electric and sneeking around calm water outside, very sneeky alright, good little trick mate :D

How's this sound Kruzenvax, if you like the Stacer- just add an electric and you're in business :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hi ,

If your looking at a second hand glass boat look at a Mustang 1750 tournament , we used to fish 3 up all the time at browns and the shelf and always felt safe it had a 135 hp you often see these boats for under 20 k and are a bargain .

If your looking at a new alloy boat have a look at a Jopalo plate boat , my mate gats his soon and they are pretty impressive . If your looking at a alloy second hand have a look at the predator hulls 5.6 metre .

It all depends on where you plan to fish , if the shelf and beyond is your thing go for a glass hull .

cheers John.

Mate, it seems the glass v's alloy debate will arise here.

I owned alloy boats all my life, ive had quinnies, savage, horizon, snyper, brooker, Stessl and actually still own a custom built 6M plate job i keep up north, Heck ive even tried the plastic type, they are actually quite a good material in comparison.

I bought my first glass boat about 2 years ago and must say i would never buy an alloy boat again. there really is no comparison when offshore fishing. They are smooth, soft riding and stable boats that really perform at a different level.

Im not too sure about the lonjevity of glass though, i have had my plate boat go through some serious neglect recently and she is still going strong.

I guess they both have their place.

Good luck with the purchase, in the end you need to make sure your style of fishing and lifestyle suit the boat you purchase.

B

Hi, you will have to decide if glass or alloy is your go as the guys have said. If you are looking at new I think you are limited to alloy in your size range and of all the brands mentioned we have had them all approach us and have sold some from time to time, but as for alloy boats of the size you are after I think the Northern Fishers from Stacer are pretty hard to beat for value for money. Yes a custom made plate boat from the better guys would ride better, but costs alot more too and the Stacer with the EVO hull (has been copied by alot of other alloy guys now) and the build quality is fine for most people and hard to beat for ride among the production tinnies.

To give you an idea a driveaway 489 NorthernFisher start at about $22K but better value in my opinion is the 529 at $24K with a 50HP and even adding a clean tec engine you are still under $30K for a new boat. I have a 529 Northern Fihser here at present getting rigged out and you should inspect it.

PM me is you would like more info.

Cheers,

Huey.

A Galeforce 4.8 is a top boat if your looking new.

Or even a Haines 445F if you dont mind an older boat.

A new version of the Haines 445F is the Formula 15 or the Flycraft 445FC.

I have a Haines 445F and i couldnt recomend a better riding boat. With a massive 700mm freeboard these boats are amazing for their size